Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet experts please judge my diet!

salty

diet experts please judge my diet!

:mix: This is my keto diet i've made up with your guys help. I'am 215 pounds 5'10. I lift weights 3-4 times a week and walk 3.6 kilometers every morning before I eat. I also take the eca stack twice a day.

Meal 1
2 whole eggs
100 ml of egg beaters
80 grams of chicken bacon
2 teaspoons of canola oil.
A little grated cheese and
a lillte milk for srambled eggs.

Meal 2
protein powder(mixed with water and 125 ml of milk)
2 tablespoons of udo's oil mix

Meal 3
protein shake mixed the same as above.
2 tablespoons of peanut butter

meal 4
fish,or chicken, or hambuger patty.
oil for fat

meal 5
protein shake same as above
1 fish oil cap and 4 flax oil caps.

meal 6
protein shake same as above
some source of fat that I stated above.

I get about 2222 cals a day average. I may have 5 meals a day sometimes but add to each one to give me my 2222 cals a day. I appreciate your help and give thanks before hand.

:D

Cut out ALL the milk. But, besides the milk, everything else looks good. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Mr.X :cool:

You need to get rid of the milk, use fresh cream instead.
Don't worry about counting calories while your on this kind of diet. Only need to make sure you get at least 400grams of protein, other than that eat as much BBQ chicken, cheese, oil, bacon etc as you want. The more fat the better. Body becomes like a furnace and the more wood you add to the fire the faster and stronger it burns. Fat is also needed for energy on this diet, so eat up. You can eat all day long on this dieet and you'll lose more and more weight. I use this everytime for cutting up.

Put some margarine on a block of cheese for a snack or add some chocolate protein to thickened cream and whip, for a dessert like treat.

Need to eat a hanful of vegies after training though, like broccoli and cauliflower. No corn etc.

Later
Mic

I really disagree with Mic,

all ketogenic diets do is deplete the glycogen levels in your liver and then muscles, as a result your body looses its ability to keep water so you loose weight. After all the water is gone, your energy in has to be less then your energy out (laws of conservation of energy still hold) so your body will start to tap into your fat stores.

a good place to start is ussually in the range of 12cal per lb of body weight, make sure you get less then 30grams of carbs per day.

Mic said:
You need to get rid of the milk, use fresh cream instead.
Don't worry about counting calories while your on this kind of diet. Only need to make sure you get at least 400grams of protein, other than that eat as much BBQ chicken, cheese, oil, bacon etc as you want. The more fat the better. Body becomes like a furnace and the more wood you add to the fire the faster and stronger it burns. Fat is also needed for energy on this diet, so eat up. You can eat all day long on this dieet and you'll lose more and more weight. I use this everytime for cutting up.

Put some margarine on a block of cheese for a snack or add some chocolate protein to thickened cream and whip, for a dessert like treat.

Need to eat a hanful of vegies after training though, like broccoli and cauliflower. No corn etc.

Later
Mic

I disagree with Mic totally.
No, calories do count. As with any other diet, a calorie deficit is REQUIRED for sufficient fat-loss. No, 400g protein a day will surely throw you out of 'Ketosis' because remember that up to 58% of protein can be converted to glucose.

These are good ratios for CKD:

6/1 ratio (6 days in ketosis/1 day carb-up)
Figure out your BMR...(basal-metabolic-rate)=caloires needed to maintain current weight
weight x 12=BMR....215lb x 12=2580 cal a day
Try the following fat/protein ratios w/ BMR deficit:
Day:
1-> 85%fat/15%protein-- BMR-5%
2-> 80%fat/20%protein-- BMR-10%
3-> 80%fat/20%protein--BMR-20%
4-> 75%fat/25%protein--BMR
5-> 70%fat/30%protein--BMR-10%
6-> 80%fat/20%protein--BMR-15%
7-> (CARB-UP) BMR+10/15% (you can go up to 20% if you'd like, but I wouldn't recommend it)

Mr.X :cool:

I hope we're talking about the same diet. I'm assuming the 'Keto Diet" is what we call the 'fat diet' in Australia. No carbs only protein and fat. Yes?

If so, the i have to say that i and many others have used this diet many times to lean up for summer, for comps or whatever, tried many different variations, and what idescribed above provides the best results. Eat as much fat and protein as you want, but no carbs, maybe just a handful of veges.

I don't know what the rest of you have experienced and how many times and different ways you have tried the diet, but all these figures you put up about protein and BMR and cal's per lb of bodyweight, are derived from magazines which get them form journals which conduct experiments that are not designed specifically around competing Bodybuilders. They make assumptions and genralisations to simplify and use all sorts of other scientific procedures that detract form reality.

If you want to know if something works and how effectively, then you have to try it yourself and make alterations. Don't belive everything you read.

Later
Mic

Top Bottom