Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Critique Needed

jripp24

Hey guys, I need some advice/tips on how to diet correctly for my goals. I am 24 years old a female, 5'4 116lbs in the 17-20% bf range, and would like to lose about 4% bf to see more seperation in my muscles and achieve a more defined cut appearence. I have been lifting weights and doing cardio pretty much everyday for the past seven years.I have never been on a good clean diet and I know this is what holds me back from achieving a harder more muscular look. I was given a diet by a friend of mine who is preparing for a bodybuilding competition. It looks like this:

Meal 1 : 6 egg whites 1/2 cup of oats
Meal 2: 4 ounces of chicken breast 1/2 cup green vegetable 1/4 yam
Meal 3: Same as meal 2
Meal 4: 4 ounces of chicken 1/2 cup green vegetable
Meal 5: 1 scoop of protien powder
Meal 6: 6 egg whites 1/2 cup of vegetable

When I plugged in the foods into myfitnesspal it breaks down to 1,039 cals, 166 g protien, 78 g carbs, and 9 gram of fat. I am wondering if this is too low calorie and too low in fats. Should I add in a tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil to increase fat and calories?

Does this seem like a good diet for my goals and current body weight/fat %? Any advice, criticism, or tips you can give me would be so greatly appreciated!

your diet looks pretty spot on with good sources and porportions or proteins and carbs, the only thing you are lacking is healthy fats. Those are a must if you are working out and lifting weights. I would add in half a tablespoon of olive oil or some health nuts like almonds to meals 2, 3, and 4.

Is meal 5 a post workout meal? If so, adding a carb like a banana or blueberries wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thanks for the advice! I do lift weights everyday and my trainer has been putting me through very intense workouts with lots of supersets & drop sets, keeping the weight heavy and the reps high, so I will add the portions of healthy fats to my meals that you suggested. Meal 5 is actually pre-workout, would you still suggest I add some carbs to it?
Thanks again for your help!

if that is the case, you don't need to add any carbs to it, but then i would advice to add that same meal after your workout as well.. especially if your workouts are intense.

Hey guys, I need some advice/tips on how to diet correctly for my goals. I am 24 years old a female, 5'4 116lbs in the 17-20% bf range, and would like to lose about 4% bf to see more seperation in my muscles and achieve a more defined cut appearence. I have been lifting weights and doing cardio pretty much everyday for the past seven years.I have never been on a good clean diet and I know this is what holds me back from achieving a harder more muscular look. I was given a diet by a friend of mine who is preparing for a bodybuilding competition. It looks like this:

Meal 1 : 6 egg whites 1/2 cup of oats
Meal 2: 4 ounces of chicken breast 1/2 cup green vegetable 1/4 yam
Meal 5: 1 scoop of protien powder
Meal 6: 6 egg whites 1/2 cup of vegetable

When I plugged in the foods into myfitnesspal it breaks down to 1,039 cals, 166 g protien, 78 g carbs, and 9 gram of fat. I am wondering if this is too low calorie and too low in fats. Should I add in a tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil to increase fat and calories?

Does this seem like a good diet for my goals and current body weight/fat %? Any advice, criticism, or tips you can give me would be so greatly appreciated!

Let's go over the problems here.

First, most women over train, this is fact (110%). All of my female clients try to train too much (they don't always listen), and I have to stop them. Keep your training to a maximum 4 days per week, a 4/3 split.

Second, your diet doesn't have enough fat, you're doing the old-school high protein/low-fat, which isn't going to get you the results you want. Below is the modified version for you:

Meal 1 : 6 egg whites 1/4 cup of oats
+1 cap of N2Burn
Meal 2: 4 ounces of chicken breast 1/2 cup green vegetable + 1tbsp. of flaxseed oil
+1 cap of N2Burn
Meal 5: 1 scoop of protien powder - **USE Casein protein , add 1 tbsp. olive oil
Meal 6: 6 egg whites 1/2 cup of vegetable + 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil

*before bed: 1tbsp. of psyllium husk fiber along with probiotics

REFEED: 1 day per week, bodyopus style.

Cardio - only do sprint interval training.

The only thing That i recommend is adding nuts to the diet (almonds peanuts walnuts a handful) and meal 2 to as a protein shake since you are doing intense training as do not cut down on water consumption.

Thanks for all the advice guys! WolfpackAlpha, you are so spot on with what you said about overtraining, I most certaintly do all of the time and this has been the hardest habit for me to break. Thanks for the diet reccomendations I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom