Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Change for Immune System Boost?

bobbyD

:rolleyes:
Having had Epstien Barr Syndrome (Glandular Fever?) some twelve years ago , I now find that my immune system breaks down after about 7_12 weeks hard training. I am presently taking garlic capsules, 2 grams of Vit C and ginger to help boost my immune system. I was on green tea but stopped and then within a short time caught a bad dose of flue and then a cold. I have not trained properly for nearly three weeks!! please help. Are there any basic foods & supplements I should be looking at?

Warm Regards
Bobbyd

:eek:
Sorry, Jaap. I suppose I should put down a better break down of my diet, as follows:-
Supplements - 2 grams Vit C, Cod Liver Oil Caps, Multi Vit, Garlic caps x 4 (Daily), Ginger Cap, Ginseng + Ginko tab x 2.

Foods:-
B/fast, 30 grams Oats + Soya milk + Grapefruit + 10 grams Raisins
Mid-Morning, Apple & Orange + Tea (black & green tea mix)
Lunch, 180 grams tuna + baked potato + Tea again
Mid-afternoon, banana + Wey protien drink ( 20 grams protien)
Dinner, Chicken + Rice + Green veg, peas etc. fruit to finish
I take additional tea drinks during the day. I think the protien may be too low?

There, sorry, I hope that helps, I am doing a three day alternate day, week, split routine and am about 11 weeks into the training.

Warm Regards
BobbyD

its a known fact that training makes your imune system weaker. Thus makig yourself more suseptible to disease. It just comes with the territory. Would you should try to do is getting your body to recuperate as fast as possible through your diet.

I would certainly up the prot. its way to low. try to get 1.5 gr per pound in yah. Also your eating a lot off fruits i would watch the fructose intake. Although in your case eating a lot of ruit wouldnt be that bad because of the health benefits. Also you fat sounds a little low. mayb you should consider supplementing with omega 3s and 6s i.e. fish oil, flax oil.

Hope this helps

hmm dunno bout the growth hormone. He has a problem with his imune system the problem isnt muscle wasting. HMB could be a good adition though

Top Bottom