Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the Detox Diet

Waka

I was wondering if anyone knows anything.. or has tried, the detox diet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detox_diet

I'm not really trying to lower my BF much! I was thinking if I ate GRAPES and Apples for meals...mix it in with protein shakes...does this sound any good at all? I was all over the women's forum asking about protein and muscle building...learned that you need 1 g for every pound on your body. In no way have I been able to drink that many protein shakes! :( And I find it very hard to force myself to eat meat. I'm using GNC Whey protein shake as a meat substitute...but finding it awfully hard to keep the drinking up.

Anyone who has an expertise on diets like this...I would really like your comments/suggestions bad or good

I think, from personal experience and reaction to diets, the more real foods you can put into it, the better the diet is. I dont really beileve in diets that tell you to take in three or more protein shakes a day. Again just my beilief on the subject, the more real foods you get in the better. A lot of people think different but, hey thats just me.

coryriffel011 said:
I think, from personal experience and reaction to diets, the more real foods you can put into it, the better the diet is. I dont really beileve in diets that tell you to take in three or more protein shakes a day. Again just my beilief on the subject, the more real foods you get in the better. A lot of people think different but, hey thats just me.

I agree completely.

Waka said:
I was wondering if anyone knows anything.. or has tried, the detox diet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detox_diet

I'm not really trying to lower my BF much! I was thinking if I ate GRAPES and Apples for meals...mix it in with protein shakes...does this sound any good at all? I was all over the women's forum asking about protein and muscle building...learned that you need 1 g for every pound on your body. In no way have I been able to drink that many protein shakes! :( And I find it very hard to force myself to eat meat. I'm using GNC Whey protein shake as a meat substitute...but finding it awfully hard to keep the drinking up.

Anyone who has an expertise on diets like this...I would really like your comments/suggestions bad or good

If you are not trying to lower your BFP that much then you should not need to resort to an unhealthy eating schedule to achieve your goals. Look at your daily caloric intake in terms of protein, carbs and fat values. Eat as you normally would and keep a journal of these values for one week so that you will have a realistic representation of what you are consuming which has resulted in your present physique. Then determine your basic metabolic rate:

Adult Female:
  • BMR = 665 + (4.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Using this value, determine your daily caloriic needs:
  • If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
  • If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
  • If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
  • If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
  • If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Now you will be able to alter your existing diet, in a healthy manner, to start achieving your goal. If your goal is to lower your BFP somewhat, then you will want to make sure that your protein intake is high. It should be at a level of one gram per pound of lean body mass and not as per pound of bodyweight as you have been informed. Reduce your carb intake and concentrate on eating foods which are low glycemic as these will make you feel fuller for longer periods of time and less likely to cheat on your diet. Keep your fat intake to under 40 grams per day whilst cutting. Minimise saturated fats and avoid trans and hydrogenated fats completely. It may be necessary to slightly raise your fat intake to acieve your daily caloric intake requirements due to the shortfall in your carb reduction. Keep yourself properly hydrated at all times.

You should be performing high intensity cardio (3 X per week minimum) first thing in the morning when you wake up for 30-60 minutes followed by a healthy breakfast. You should also lift heavy (weight training - 3 X per week minmum) to help retain the mass which you have.

If you are going to use supplements then use them to 'supplement' an already existing, healthy, eating schedule and not in place of one.

KP--Fitness Basics

If I didn't have to "spread some karma around before giving it to Kian/Pintoca again" their numbers would definatly be higher.

Top Bottom