Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

detection methods of ketosis

blaze

Besides using ketostix and 'feeling' ketosis, are there any other ways to know you're in ketosis? i mean, ive been on low carbs (<15g) and im not really sure if im really in ketosis cus i dunno if the amount of protein im eating may be throwing me out of ketosis. i do take flax oil, but i also take protein shakes(0 carbs)...i jus wanna know if the protein is throwing me out of ketosis.

signs of ketosis:
urine smells
breath smells (mine usually does anyways so I can't tell the difference:FRlol: )
brain dead (sign of entry into ketosis)
decrease in hunger (this one I'm not sure of, usually happens to me)
I can't think of anything else off-hand, but I'm sure there is a lot more I forget.

Now, as far as protein goes: It can throw you out of 'Ketosis' but is not likely, as long as you do not go above 50% of cal from protein.

where can I get ketostix in the UK? I've looked for the little blighters in Holland and Barrets and GNC but they are nowhere to be found.

My brothers girl is diabetic... ive heard of diastix (???ithink) would these little babies tell me if im in ketosis?

Just curious since I could get em easy... also, ive seem in the search that u can shoot insulin to get into ketosis faster... is this true?

STUBS

also sore muscles (more sorer than usual after workout) during the first couple days. some definite lethargy though. these side effects usually go away after a week in ketosis.

i don't know how ppl carb up every weekend and go back into ketosis during the week. it's hard on my body, so if i'm going to go super low carb i try to do it for 2-3 weeks at a time.

i've tried doing 80% protein and 20% fat and that definitly doesn't put me into ketosis so make sure you're eating lots of fat.

womb raider...

that percentage is horrible! you would be better off at 80% fat and just 20% protein...

at those levels you would get into ketosis faster!

but I agree with you... I do low carb for 2 weeks and then carb up!

yeah cozmo, i know that's it's supposed to be 80/20 F/P but I was curious to see what would happen if I tried it 20/80 F/P. No signs of ketosis. I guess when you're taking in that much protein it gets broken down in the same fashion that carbs would. Also, it's hard for me to psych myself into believing that consuming all that fat is a good thing.

Top Bottom