Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deltroit et al: question on carbs pre-workouts

PatBateman3

question on carbs pre-workouts

Hey, I was wondering for someone who does AM cardio and PM lifiting questions:

1. Is it better to do the cardio in the AM on an empty stomach? I am guessing not if someone wanted to maintain 30min plus at a moderate pace....What would be best for that leavel of pace/exertion, a bowl of oatmeal 1 hr prior to commencing?

2. For the PM lifitng, is it necessary to load carbs before the session? I ask this because Deltroit suggested that the first 3-4 meals of the day should include carbs and then be cut after that. But if I start lifting at 9pm, should I still go with that 3rd or 4th meal cut-off of carbs??

Last edited:
1. I would do the empty am cardio for 30mins just keep at 3.5 on and incline. if its not coming off quick enough crank it up a little. If you feel you losing mass(I doubt you will) eat something first.

2. I would still get pre and post workout meals with carbs no matter what. The benefits far out way the drawbacks. Your already getting the am cardio and your exercising 2x's a day so your metabolism will be elevated to burn the post workout carbs.

I would work it like this. Start eating an equal portion of carbs at every meal everyday but just cycle the grand total from high carb days to low carb day instead of cycling them down throughout the day.

ex
day 1: high carb day
day 2: med carb day
day 3: low carb day
day 4: high carb day(cheat day)
day 5: etc....

this way you can go real low for a day or two without affect to you muscle mass also your tricking you metabolism so you will burn a lot on those couple low days.

Top Bottom