Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are deli meats bad for the CKD diet?

lostinfitness

I am not very familiar with the nutritional information of deli meats. I know they are usually high in fat and can be high in protein.

For example:

taking 2 chicken breasts and putting a slice of ham and cheese in each one.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Heavy in sodium & preservatives too - an option if you are stuck but not the best source of clean protein.

nycspike said:
I am not very familiar with the nutritional information of deli meats. I know they are usually high in fat and can be high in protein.

For example:

All help appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not a fan of processed food, but if you have to eat the deli meat - don't do it a lot. High sodium intake is very unhealthy.

Mr.X said:
I'm not a fan of processed food, but if you have to eat the deli meat - don't do it a lot. High sodium intake is very unhealthy.

And the carcinogens! (Sodium Nitrate, etc)

***horrible***

If you are forced to eat it... try to find low fat, low(or no) sodium hams.

They are usually loaded with sodium and fat.

well
hmm
protien
fat
sodium
nitrites
nitrates
food dyes
sugars
unknown animal parts
unkown animals
carbs

hmm i might be wrong but it covers all the major food groups

lol
NOT!
stay away
even it is the only source of protien eat clean veggies and carbs and get the protien later

nycspike said:

For example:

All help appreciated.

Thanks

If I remember correctly you are around 35%bf, if that is correct and you have your heart set on the CKD (although I advise against it at that bf%) at least stay away from processed foods. It is definitely not healthy. I had the same problem and I 'm less than half that bf% but I was using processed foods for a ckd and my bp shot dangerously high and it was suddenly as well. Had to talk to X for about a week til we got it under control. I'm begging you bro, if you're going to do this diet be very careful with the types of food you consume. :coffee:

if you are going to do processed foods
i suggest organic at least
still the sodium levels might be high
you MUST learn to read labels
but at least with organic you eliminate nitrites, nitrates, other preservatives and the miscellanous animal parts as well as miscellanous animals
anything pink or red should not be eaten
red is not a natural colour for cooked meats
brown or pale gray is
but then again there is food colouring
if the deli cannot supply you with dietary info and labels don't eat it

and remember most all dairy is high in sodium
and the processed cheeses have hidden sugars

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just had some chicken breasts and wanted to liven them up a little bit. I will stay away from processed foods. other than that today i ate a lot of egg whites, protein, tuna fish. I am finding it hard to count for the fat intake needed. That is the main reason i looked toward the deli meats.

All advice appreciated

Thanks

nycspike said:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I just had some chicken breasts and wanted to liven them up a little bit. I will stay away from processed foods. other than that today i ate a lot of egg whites, protein, tuna fish. I am finding it hard to count for the fat intake needed. That is the main reason i looked toward the deli meats.

All advice appreciated

Thanks
no worries
you'll get the hang of it
liven your food up with spices, herbs, lemon, lime, garlic, onions, hot sauces, mustards (not honey mustard), curry powder/pastes, italian dressing, etc etc
i have a sticky on muscle foods entitled yummy ckd
check it out
might inspire you

Top Bottom