Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the damage done by compulsive eating on cheat meals

Max Expansion

Plat Hero
Platinum
so say you allow yourself one cheat meal a week- its post work out, and pre work out for the next morning.

you do it at the end of the day

but.....

you go absolutely bonkers and eat everything in site

what is the damage to the diet- obviously you will have taken in tones more calories and sodium and fat than you needed, but after a certain amount of sugar and cals, is their only so much the body can handle in one sitting....does it get stored or excreted.

i guess im just trying to kid myself that this carb cycling isnt giving me an eating disorder lol (though hopefully only a temporary one)

Every time I low carb for 3 months, I go crazy for like 2 days...Then I smack myself back on track lol.

-Legacy

I only do my cheatmeal after an intense workout one a week.

I make sure it's loaded with protien and that's about it, seems to be working so far so good, I do try to cut down on a few things, in moderate portions like dressing and sauces and whatnot, but that's because even in moderate quantities it's still a treat for me at this point. :p

limit cheat meals to once every 4th or 5th day and really watch how much u take in during that meal. it really shouldnt be a free pass to gorge. will power brotha!

what u describe will wreck your diet.

masterpp said:
so say you allow yourself one cheat meal a week- its post work out, and pre work out for the next morning.

you do it at the end of the day

but.....

you go absolutely bonkers and eat everything in site

what is the damage to the diet- obviously you will have taken in tones more calories and sodium and fat than you needed, but after a certain amount of sugar and cals, is their only so much the body can handle in one sitting....does it get stored or excreted.

i guess im just trying to kid myself that this carb cycling isnt giving me an eating disorder lol (though hopefully only a temporary one)

I couldn't do carb cycling like this:

low carbs 40 -70 g

medium carbs 100-150 g

high carbs 150-220 g

With a low, low, high, low, medium, low - repeat pattern or something like that

Drove me nuts.

All I would do was crave fat/peanut butter on high carb days and crave carbs on high fat days and I ended up binging on rice cakes or peanut butter and not when I was meant to.

If you keep on with the cravings and binging, then you may want to re-work your diet.

And stop thinking of it as a 'cheat' or meal, think of it as a re-feed or glycogen loading, and use it to forward training a major body part like legs or back.

I did far better doing 3-5 days low carb, one day high carb, but not a 'cheat' day, just the same amount of calories but instead of fat, carbs.

As far as the damage done, I have heard two things

1. Bodybuilding rumour - balance your calories out over 72 hours and it shouldn't be a problem

2. Science journals, even one high fat, simple carb meal does some damage to the blood vessels.

3. Science journals, eating a huge amount of calories, especially fat and simple carbs in one go is actually quite addictive and can set off further cravings.

I tried having a cheat day about 3 weeks ago

After my normal meal schedule which i followed all day I had 1 Boston cream donut. After the first bite I found the taste disgusting (i use to be able to eat the hell out of some Boston Creams).

If you deprive yourself long enough you wont feel like going back. Thank God for that too because at work we have so much shit sitting out that I could pick at if I wanted to. The office is definitely a test of the willpower

Top Bottom