Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting - losing my weight too fast?

psilo

Hey all,

I started cutting about a week and a half ago, and I've been following this diet pretty much exactly, without any cheating at all:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331186

I started off at 183 or so, and today I weighed in fully hydrated at 175! Does anyone think I'm dropping weight to quickly? Or is it normal to lose a bunch of water weight right at the beginning? Still, 8 pounds seems like a lot to me! I want to make sure I'm eating enough calories so that I'm not going to be losing any muscle.

My energy and strength in the gym have been somewhat depressed, but not too bad. I was thinking about doing a carb up/cheat day either tomorrow or the next day. Do you guys think this would help me recover some of the water weight and increase my energy a little bit? What constitutes a good carb-up day? Finally, should I consider upping the calories a litle bit on a daily basis?

Thanks.

From my experience and what I've heard, it's normal to lose that much weight. Most of it is probably water. Your diet has a very small amount of carbs, so it would make sense. Anything more than 1-2 lbs. a week lost is said to be muscle. I don't think you can make such a generalization though, but it's still not healthy to change too quickly.

I figured most of it was probably water...I've been drinking coffee every day (my one little cheat) and also eating little to no sodium, still I just wanted to make sure. Any more opinions on this or the carb up?

Top Bottom