Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CUTTING, EMPTY STOMACH, and CARBS question......Please ADVISE.....

Themachine01

I am now down to about 7 weeks before pics and still have to drop another 3% BF. Heres the thing, Im feeling kind of flat and I had to switch my routine up a little. I am forced to lift first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then doing 30 mins of cardio. This monday I will be adding 20 mins of cardio in the evening.

Heres the question... since I am lifting and doing the cardio on an empty stomach, and Im used to adding dextrose post workout, but isnt adding the dextrose kind of defeating the purpose of the cardio?

Well you ARE doing the cardion on empty stomach first thing AM.. that means youll burn alot of fat.. wait 15 mins then grab a low/moderate dextrose shake, it won't go to fat, if youre not downing it with alot of fat. The empty stomach cardio is where you burn good amounts of fat. Afterwards its always good to refull your glycogen stores. Dextrose is ideal for that.

my 0.02

Dial, I dont take r-ala so that is out of the equation. Im just worried about busting my ass for 30 mins on a treadmill than putting sugars in my body just 15 mins later, it kind of makes me nervous that its defeating the purpose.

Don't skimp on the carbs pwo, cardio or not. Just don't eat carbs the remainder of the day except for the first meal after your post-workout shake. I also don't like working out or doing cardio empty stomach, I usually take one scoop of protein mixed with water. I am way too catabolic if I don't.

I know it seems like your doing the cardio for no reason when your shuttling carbs into your system 15-20 minutes later. IMO, it's more important to get PWO carbs into your system immediately after working out. Make sure your 1st 2 meals have carbs and then go straight keto for the rest of the day.

A moderate dose of post workout carbs immediatly after workout will not defeat the purpose. They will immediatly be used to refuel your body. They will not turn to fat.

I know it seems like your doing the cardio for no reason when your shuttling carbs into your system 15-20 minutes later. IMO, it's more important to get PWO carbs into your system immediately after working out. Make sure your 1st 2 meals have carbs and then go straight keto for the rest of the day.

PW carbs...

all the way. You said you look flat anyway, adding PW carbs can only help that, although I think one still looks flat compared to the day after carb-up.

Top Bottom