Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting but maintaining weight??? Help!

Shades McCool

Ok I have been on a pretty strict diet for about 5 weeks and so far I have shedded about 10 lbs ( 200 to 190). I was about 10-11% Bf before and I know I have dropped a considerable amount of BF. I am really cutting up. Here is my question though.

I have reached a plateu weight wise but not BF wise it seems. It seems every week I am becoming more and more cut....like my bf is decreasing still. The thing is my weight is always right at 190. Could I be maintaining weight and decreasing BF at the same time? What is up?

I appreciate any insight and I could give some good karma for some really insightful answers!

Could it be that you are more pumped up from maintenance calories and intense training, stretching the skin and improving your appearance? Your skin could be tightening and dieting can make you look flat.

Are you doing regular cardio?

Shades McCool said:
I am doing 45 intense minutes about 3-4x a week.
I was just curious. I find that cardio makes me more vascular and dries me out --- especially if I do it in the sun.

I'm not saying I know what's happening, but eating submaintenance calories makes you weaker regardless of muscle mass. If you are not losing weight, you are probably eating maintenance calories (lower metabolism due to decrease in weight? Eating more? How much weight have you lost and what was your previous caloric deficit?). You should be stronger on maintenance calories than submaintenance --- it goes along with being more pumped up (higher glycogen levels, ATP levels, etc.).

I have no clue what it is but I do know that it is less than 10%. I have made sure that my protien is up around 300 grams a day and I take 15 grams of gluatime a day too.

Top Bottom