Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting on 400g of carbs a day?

Jack Burton

My freind that is is around 5-6%bf, and who also has a fairly slow metabolism swears that you can loose bodyfat on 400g of carbs a day.

All coming from low glycemyc carbs, during the day and cutting out the carbs at night. Of coarse protein is at 300 grams a day, and fat is at 40-50 grams a day. Along wth 45 min cardio 5 times a week.

I tend to believe this, I have a freind who competes at 250 contest weight, who diets on 4200 calories a day.

Im currently 220 bf approx 12% my metabolism is fairly quick, I can eat like shit and not put on anymore bodyfat.

Ive started a diet last week, and my carbs have been about 120-150 a day, calories come out to aout 2200 at the most. I already have noticed my upper abs coming out after the first week(probably water weight).

But my freind says im starving myself, and I feel like I am too, so im gonna bump my calories up to 2800-3000 a day CLEAN CALORIES no carbs at night, and cardio 4 times a week.

Im about to start a EQ, winny, tren cycle.

Jack,

I'm beginning to feel the same way. When first coming to this board, I believed all the hype about "the evilness of carbs," but through my own experimentation and others' lack of scientific evidence, it's rather obvious that carbs are not the enemy. Overeating any type of calories, no matter their origin, will cause weight gain.

The reason your friend can cut on a 4200 calorie diet is because of AS. Am I right? Unless he's an endurance athlete, that level of calories is amazingly high.

Eating carbs before bed will not make you fat. Fat will not make you fat. Eating more protein (over 1g/lb, unless on gear) will not help you gain muscle. Morning cardio is not the only way to lose fat, and may cause unneeded catabolism... Think about it - your body does need glucose for energy when exercising. No cardio will use only fat for energy. If you don't eat carbs/protein, gluconeogenesis may kick in. It is your body's only source of glucose if depleted.

Through my own experience, eating enough calories as to not be hungry and using lifting and cardio to increase energy need is optimal when attempting to lose fat. Higher calories will help you retain muscle when dieting and keep energy levels high. Personally, I'd rather feel good and burn those extra calories with cardio than starve myself. And without adequate carbs, lifting will become affected.

Peace.

There are many diets that work. I have chosen the Keto diet because Its simple to follow and I like the food. I don't believe Carbs are evil, however most evil foods consist of high amounts of carbs. Candy, Soda, Cake Chips etc. I do believe you are better off to cut carbs out in the evening, I may be wrong but thats my belief. Yes you can cut/diet with a high carb intake as long as you create a calorie deficit.

He has a slow metabolism and cuts with 4200 cals? Thats a load of crap. I'm only about 25 pounds lighter than him, I have a slow metabolism, and I cut at about half those calories.

There were 2 people I was talking about in the thread, my freind that cuts on 4200 calories a day has a normal metabalisim, and yes he is on AS, and GH which which burns fat very effectivly, AS dont burn bodfat, the GH does.

My freind that diets on 400 grams of carbs a day has a slow metabalism, he's 195 at 5-6% bf.

I think the way to burn fat, and retain muscle, is to keep the carbs up until about 4-5 hours before bed, and keep protein at 300 grams a day, along with 40-50 grams of clean fat(flaxseed oil ect). And stay away from simple sugars(only after workout), and saturated fat, and cardio 4 times a week.

Of coarse AS help which is why I am hitting a good cycle on this diet.

If you want to increase your calories increase your protein intake. It will not put water in your system like carbs put it will heip you save more muscle while dieting.
for a good cycle while dieting I suggest winny and anadrol about 3 weeks out to make your muscle look fuller but make sure you have some tyoe of diuretic to lose the excess water. Also clen is rel good for cutting up.

Top Bottom