Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crum for bulking?

Manu

Hi everyone
When i first start doing experiments with crum diet i did a ten day period (before having binging episod) where i miscalculated caloric intake. I was eating more than 2grs protein/lbs a day (during this time period i had to be always eating to get that amount of protein)and a relative amount of fat i think around 0,8 grs/lbs. During this period i gained weight, around 1 kgs. The interesting fact was that my waist lost around 1" and the reading in the bf % machine said i was 0.5% leaner.

Could a low carb diet actually work has a good bulk diet as long as caloric intake would be greater?

No, wrong to think that. BBs trying to add mass should eat 3g of carbs per pound of bodyweight EVERY day. Dont fool yourself by cutting carbs for lean mass. What you can do though is opt for the better higher quality fibrous carbs found in wwpasta, wwbread, brown rice etc.

Carbs are crucial for providing your body with an efficient source of energy to fuel your workouts and help you add the quality mass you seek.

Carbs are not the ticket during leaning phasis, but to add mass, they are crucial. They are number 2 in the priority list after protein for gaining mass.

Hi blood drinker.
I just wanted to explain this results.
I know tipical bulking diet is high in carbs. Also i woudn't do a strict crum for bulking, but i think a still low carb could work for bulking. i think in september i will try something like that.
just wanted to hear opinions.

Youll feel infinetely weaker on crums diet, consequently resulting in weaker lifts, resulting in less mass.
But hey protein is high, fats are good, and if it works for you do it, even though you will be robbing yourself of further gains.

What i think though is that your body is still unnacustommed to the lifting, so it will grow on anything. Remember when we all started? Lift, grow. But when that stops, get a serious bulking diet.

low carb diet is not ideal way to add muscle mass, you need insulin to max out your gains, insulin is only secreted in presence of carbs, although if you are bulking without the assistance of AS you should limit your carb intake around your activities/workouts while adding more healthy fats to pick up the total calories

I'll tell you how I gained 35lbs in less than 6 months naturally.

420grams of protein , over 2 grams per lb of bodyweight, DAILY.
I would go through 2 bottles of Ultra Fuel (twinlab) everyday.
3 shakes a day, 60 grams of protein each.
TONS of chicken breast, at least 6 a day.

This is what I pretty much did...

4:15am) Ultrafuel 1/2bottle (in my car on the way to the gym)
4:30am) Train
5:30am) UltraFuel 1/2 bottle (in my car on the way home)
5:50am) 60 grams of whey protein in water
6:15am) Sleep
9:00am) wake up - 60 grams of whey AGAIN, 1/2 ultrafuel - jump in the shower
leave for school
11:30am) 2 tuna sandwhiches (3 cans of tuna, bread, low fat mayo)
2:30pm) 3 chicken breasts, rice bowl
5:30pm) 3 chicken breasts, rice bowl
8:30pm) 60 grams of whey/Ultra fuel
11:30pm) 3 chicken breasts,rice bowl or tuna sandwhiches or Steak.
12:00am) Sleep

Pretty much that's what I ate, everyday for about 6 months.
Every once in a while I'd throw in some flax oil.

If I was doing it now......

I'd bulk up for 2 months, cut for 1 month (to re-prime my body so it doesn't adapt).

Bulking diet would look like this....

1) 60 grams of whey, 1/2 UltraFuel
2) 3 chicken breasts, Rice Bowl
3) 3 chicken breast, Rice Bowl
4) EXTRA lean Steak, Rice Bowl
5) Salmon, Veggies, Flax oil, Fish Oil 7 caps
6) Steak, Veggies, Flax oil, Fish oil 7 caps
7) 60 grams of whey, Flax oil, Fish oil 7 caps

You have to use your head.
Use carbs, when you NEED carbs. Be smart with it.

You're plan might look different, depending on when you do what you got to do.
I'm active during the day...but if i was active more at night (working out at night, going to night school, gravyard shift,etc), then i would flip that menu, and eat my carb meals at night.

Don't eat carbs right before bed because you're not going to be needing energy for sleep. There's no point to eating it unless your goal is to gain fat for sumu wrestling.

Anyways...run a program like that for 7-9 weeks, then for 4 weeks go on a EXTRA HIGH PROTEIN cutting diet to reprime your system and lose the fat you gained while bulking (which should be very minimal if you train hard).

Then once that's over with, run this again...do this about 3 times, you should gain some good solid EXTRA LEAN slabs of beef.

Remember Protein is Everything. Make sure while bulking you get at LEAST 2 grams per lb of bodyweight.
50% Protein , 30% Carbs (taken in the mornings, or whenever your the busiest), 20% UNSATURATED Fats (Taken at Night or whenever your the least active)

Good Luck Broski.

When I originally bulked up, I ate roughly:

400protein/400carbs/45 grams of fat = 3605

The new bulking program I labeled will be more like this though:

400protein/230carbs/120 fat Unsaturated. = 3600

As you can see calories are basically the same, I just feel I'll put on more quality LEAN mass by following the new one.

Although, all this bullshit really doesn't matter. Either one will get you big as long as you jam pack the protein in there. Protein is the fucking key.

Don't stress to much,,, do either one...you gain a lil fat off the first one, big fucking deal, diet it off. Although Which ever one you choose, Only do it for 7-9 weeks, and then cut for 1 month to reprime your body and lose any fat gained.

Thank you all.

Crum,
It is great your diet for cutting and i will try this one you just posted here after summer.
I'll tell you how I gained 35lbs in less than 6 months naturally.
Could this be more inspiring? :D
I think it is not wrong to think that the transition bettwen diets could be gradual, probably that way fat gains would be more controled. Gradually adding carbs and also calories.
Also, how would be the calculation in function of body weight? : caloric intake...15 cals? 18 cals ? per lbs of body weight?
Also:
Anyways...run a program like that for 7-9 weeks, then for 4 weeks go on a EXTRA HIGH PROTEIN cutting diet to reprime your system and lose the fat you gained while bulking (which should be very minimal if you train hard).

What exactly do you mean by "EXTRA HIGH PROTEIN " ? even more than 2 grs per lbs of BW? 3?

It's simple.
A quick calculation to determine the grams of protein while bulking =

your body weight + 214 = gramsof protein needed per Day.

If you weigh 200lbs then...

200 + 214 = 414 grams of protein needed to gain mass.

Now, knowing this number, eat either roughly the same amount of carbs along with a low fat diet...

OR

...eat roughly 1/2 - 2/3rds of this number in carbs and the rest in lots of high quality unsaturated fats.

crumcake,

How did you arrive at these numbers? I am really curious as what the logic is here behind the ratios.

Do you have any evidence that these ratios are the ideal ones for gaining lean mass while gaining the least amount of fat?

Thank you.

Top Bottom