Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my fat loss diet please

bobbyboy

Hey guys,i'm new to this site so go easy on me
I am 5"9.5,20 years of age and weigh in at 161 lbs with a bodyfat % of 12.5.
I am interested in getting that down to 9% for summer with the following diet.

Meal 1:Oats(50g) Whey (1.5 scoops)
Meal 2:Tuna (100g) Brown rice(70g)
Meal 3:Chicken(170g) Brown pasta (50g)
Meal 4:Myoplex
Meal 5:Chicken(170g) Salad
Meal 6:Low fat cottage cheese(100g) Whey (1.5 scoops)

I also drink a lot of water throughout the day.
I lift weights 3 times per week(2 body parts per sesion).My post-workout drink consists of Whey(i.5 scoops)Creatine(6g)Glutamine(10g) and powerade for an insulin spike

I do 40 mins cardio first thing in the morning 4 days per week also on an empty stomach.

Do you think my goals are achievable with such a regime? or does my diet need tweaking.

Any input on this would be much appreciated
Cheers guys

on paper it looks great
if you're creating a calorie defecit then try it for a few weeks and see if it works
looks like bodyforlife and alot of people have good result

more important than the diet though is training and 4x40 cardio is good

work hard play hard mate :)

sorry,i forgot about my fat intake-i supplement my diet with Udo's oil and the rest comes from fish, the ratio that i am gonna try and use for the next few weeks is 50/30/20 and only ingest simple carbs post workout.I have been dieting for the last few weeks but i suspect i havent been meeting my BMR sufficiently.Do you guys think that 1800k/cals is too low for optimum fat burning? Also what do you think of weight training first thing in the morning?I usually split my shake into pre and post workout and add creatine to the latter half
Cheers in advance guys:D

50/30/20 seems a good %

im out of training at the mo cos of injury im doing running but no weights or kickboxing now so im doing a 50/25/35 p c f when i train again it'll be 45/30/25

My thoughts

If you want to be cut, you may want to go lower than 9%. I'm at about 9 now and not cut enough but, it's happening. I would say 1800 calories is too low, you'll lose too much muscle with that.

Upon looking at your diet, did you include the PWMeal in the total calories?

Again, aim for 2200 or so, just add a little more per serving to your protein (i.e. 12 oz. of chicken instead of 8, 2.5 scoops of whey instead of 1.5).

Good luck,
POShredded

cheers for the reply POS.I think i'll take your advice and up my k/cal intake cos i dont think my progess has been coming along as swiftly as i would have liked.
With regards to your question RE: P/Workout shake,i count that as 1 of my six daily meals and cut one of the other ones out(Usually oats in the morning cos i do all my training before work @ 7.00am) I am unsure though how much carb drink(in milliletres) to take with my whey/creatine/glutmamine shake.If you could help with this question i would be very grateful
Also,do you recommend a fat burner to speed up my progress?
Cheers:D

NO!!!

Don't cut the oats on workout days. Especially, since we want you to get more calories...

For quick post workout carbs with your drink, I'm a fan of mother nature's best...FRUIT...go with a banana or strawberries or a big orange...fruits (and veggies for that matter) provide vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals (chemicals found in plants that it's hard for supplement companies to mimic)...Fruit sugar is a good source of energy POST workout...it's worked for me...

With regard to the fat burner, if you want to do it quicker, go for it, I'd use NYC from anabolicfitness.net (I used it before). They're coming out with a new fat burner (AF.net), soon, but I haven't tried it yet...I'm now, not a fan of fat burners because then you start to rely on them when you stop using them, you tend to gain weight unless you change your caloric intake or expenditure accordingly.

That said, I do not compete in bodybuilding contests, I try to stay lean all year. A bodybuilder who bulks in the winter/non contest months and then cuts during the summer/contest months, I see why s/he uses them...NYC especially helps with appetite and fat loss in a quick manner...

POShredded

Here is my schedule for today(i promise this is the last i will write on the subject)

6.45 am-wake up-L-Glutamine
7.00 am-half shake
7.15am-weight training
8.00am-other half of skake + 1 banana
10.45am-Tuna(100g) Brown Rice(80g)(tribulus fuel,2 tabs)
1.15pm-Chicken(170g) Brown pasta(100g)
3.45pm-Myoplex
6.15pm-Salmon(200g) Salad
9.15pm-Diet cottage cheese(100g) whey(40g)
10.30pm-L-Glutamine

The shake in the morning consists of 40g whey/7g creatine/10g glutamine and 500 ml powerade.This is split in two,half before and half after workout.

1910 kcal
238g protein
123g carbs
42g fat

On days that i dont eat salmon i will supplement my diet with Udo's oil and on cardio days i will have oats and whey in the morning as opposed to my shake
Thanks for all the previous replies guys,you have put my mind to ease as my head has been fcuked up with this for a few weeks:D

Top Bottom