Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Counting calories on cheat days?

jet

Just wondering if anyone counts calories on their cheating days? Im doing 2000 cals during the week. Should i try to do a specific amount of cals above 2000 or should i just eat and not worry about the cals?

I wouldn't mind a good answer to this questio either. I eat at a little above maintenance on cheat days (100-200 over maybe). I guess my metabolism should be a bit slower so I'd like the extra calories to possibly go towards repairing some muscle but I don't wwant any fat spill-over really (or keep it to a minimum). I figure the whole point though is to keep metabolism up and for that purpose alone I'm not sure.

everything I have read and experienced with is that if once a week you go about 300-500 cal over your dieting calories one day a week, it will spike your metabolism and trick your body into thinking it is not in starvation mode.
I usally do this while cutting and it results in faster fat loss for me.

I will replace my normal chicken breast meal with a nice lean steak, which has 300 or more cal in it, and it does wonders for my diet

just my .02

I usually while training for a show start twelve weeks out so I do not have to count my calories on my eat days. I eat four of my normal meals, then throw in two meals of what ever I want, as long as it is before six. I do this once a week or every ten days until three weeks out.( I have a very slow metabolism)
I eat pizza, ice cream, most anything, the only thing I avoid is candy and sugar.
I find that I will gain a little water weight and some food weight, but my training is awsom, my metabolism is buring hotter, I drop more weight, and I have more motivation.
This is what works for me. I have dropped my bodyfat down to 5% last year and I am almost down to 4% this year...I am starting my last week of dieting to kick off my back to back shows...
this is just my opinion and what works for me!!

------------------
Building a body made for sex!!

I'm with goes4ever, it'll keep the metabolism humming at top speed. That way, when you get back on, you can expect the best results.

Top Bottom