x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Counting calories on cheat days?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Counting calories on cheat days? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: Just wondering if anyone counts calories on their cheating days? Im doing 2000 cals during the week. Should i try to do a specific amount of cals above 2000 or should i just eat and not worry about the cals?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Just wondering if anyone counts calories on their cheating days? Im doing 2000 cals during the week. Should i try to do a specific amount of cals above 2000 or should i just eat and not worry about the cals?

I wouldn't mind a good answer to this questio either. I eat at a little above maintenance on cheat days (100-200 over maybe). I guess my metabolism should be a bit slower so I'd like the extra calories to possibly go towards repairing some muscle but I don't wwant any fat spill-over really (or keep it to a minimum). I figure the whole point though is to keep metabolism up and for that purpose alone I'm not sure.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Come on help us out on this. I'm sure someone has input

All Natural
    everything I have read and experienced with is that if once a week you go about 300-500 cal over your dieting calories one day a week, it will spike your metabolism and trick your body into thinking it is not in starvation mode.
    I usally do this while cutting and it results in faster fat loss for me.

I will replace my normal chicken breast meal with a nice lean steak, which has 300 or more cal in it, and it does wonders for my diet

just my .02

I usually while training for a show start twelve weeks out so I do not have to count my calories on my eat days. I eat four of my normal meals, then throw in two meals of what ever I want, as long as it is before six. I do this once a week or every ten days until three weeks out.( I have a very slow metabolism)
    I eat pizza, ice cream, most anything, the only thing I avoid is candy and sugar.
    I find that I will gain a little water weight and some food weight, but my training is awsom, my metabolism is buring hotter, I drop more weight, and I have more motivation.
    This is what works for me. I have dropped my bodyfat down to 5% last year and I am almost down to 4% this year...I am starting my last week of dieting to kick off my back to back shows...
    this is just my opinion and what works for me!!

------------------
    Building a body made for sex!!

Elite Bodybuilder
    I'm with goes4ever, it'll keep the metabolism humming at top speed. That way, when you get back on, you can expect the best results.