Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cottage cheese the perfect bodybuilding food?

Damn by looking at this cottage cheese label it seems like you could eat this all day and get huge and ripped.What gives there has to be a catch some were.Btw I love the taste of the stuff so dont say taste.I am actually eating it as a dessert too when I get carb cravings.I just add some sugar free pancake syrup and chow down.It says that for a 1/2 cup serving it has 90 calories 1g fat,16g prot,3g carbs.Were is the catch? :Chef:

The shit is awesome...I got on a stretch where I ate it all the time....cottage cheese, tuna, shakes, Chicken....I did that shit for like a month and really dropped body fat. with exercise of course.....But i got so sick of it after a while.

2horns said:
It does seem great! What brands or flavors do you guys buy?
I found this kind with a dove on it called friendship lol,I know kinda gay but great nutritional value.I got the 1% it comes in a blue tub and they have it at publix for 2 bucks a tub with 8 servings.

I eat cottage cheese and peanuts every night before I go to bed. I'll also throw in a can of tuna every other night, mostly on workout days. I get Prairie Farms Fat Free, but that may be a local company.

Isn't cottage cheese really high in sodium? That's why it tastes so good. I think one serving has several hundred mg of Na. And it's pretty easy to eat 2-3 servings in one sitting, or around a gram of Na. Not great if you're trying not to retain water or are concerned about high blood pressure.

the catch is simply:

1. If you're lactose intolerant (big % of population is) you are no go
2. lots of dairy will give you a "puffy" look... but is only a look... for competition style-diets, nono

other than that, agreed, it is good

I had never had much cottage cheese growing up so I just assumed I would hate it, since at the time I was a big junk food eater and couldn't stand anything healthy or "green". After a few months into my diet of forcing down these foods I got used to them and actually like them now, I was at my aunt's house and had heard some things about cottage cheese on this board and she had some 4% in the fridge so I decided to try it, I LOVED IT!

Now, I get the 2% at Sam's Club just because its 3lb for $3.88, they don't have any 0% or 1% :rolleyes: but now I buy 9lb at a time and it usually lasts me 3-4 weeks. Cottage Cheese, oatmeal, tuna, chicken is 75% of my diet these days :chomp: , another big plus of cottage cheese is the price, $12 for a month's worth of meals.

Calories 90
Fat 2.5g
Sat 1.5g
Carb 6g
Prot 12g

This is the kind I get, and usually eat 3-4 servings a day.

Top Bottom