Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cottage cheese the perfect bodybuilding food?

I remember reading something about putting it in the microwave and letting all the chunks melt together and then either eating it hot or letting it cool and eating it. Has anyoine ever heard/tried that?

Mine has 420 mg of sodium per serving. That is pretty high, but if you use it in a meal with fruits, vegetables, and chicken with no seasoning, it's not bad at all.

JavaGuru said:
Except for the sodium, lactose, and taste!
Well I love the taste as a dessert with something acceptable during my diet to sweeten it or I love it plain and I am not lactose intolerant and the sodium on this bran is only 12% PER 1/2 cup serving so I am doing great.

Lactose is also highly insulinogenic even though it has a low glycemic index, which is fine around workouts, but I prefer to keep insulin under control at other times. You're lucky to like the taste, I'll literally choke on the stuff if I try eating more than a cup. One cup of lowfat cottage cheese is about 28g protein and with 24% per(based on your brand) that's still pretty hefty. Hey, if it works for you then keep doing it!

JavaGuru said:
Lactose is also highly insulinogenic even though it has a low glycemic index, which is fine around workouts, but I prefer to keep insulin under control at other times. You're lucky to like the taste, I'll literally choke on the stuff if I try eating more than a cup. One cup of lowfat cottage cheese is about 28g protein and with 24% per(based on your brand) that's still pretty hefty. Hey, if it works for you then keep doing it!

I always rinse/drain the curd in a colander to cut the sodium. A lot of it is in the "whey" (which is mostly water). It also removes the acetic taste, I think , that some people have a problem with.

Here is a great cootage cheese salad recipe I made up yesterday..It was soooooo good!

2 c. lettuce (organic spring mix)
1/2 c fresh bluberries
1/2 c cottage cheese
1 tbsp. flax oil
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 ounce jalepeno yougurt cheese (cut up)

Yummy!

297 calories total

Top Bottom