Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contest Mistakes?? Lets hear em...

the threeday w/o does a pretty good job of hitting the major groups within a w/o - and it does humble and it packs on strength and size

Screwball: I do all of my events on one day...because that is the way that it is at a contest. Doing the conan's wheel after deadlifts and the stones is a lot different than doing them before...lol. I would probably grow more on them if I broke them up but that wouldn't do me a lot of good on contest day.

Also note the events test my strength and aren't the same as doing lifting in the gym.

B True

fold - that ,akes sense.

So would pl'ers switching to thr three main lifts during the de-loding phase as some movements are dropped.

I think that doing the 3 lifts, to the extreme, could be counter productive...can be too hard on the body...

I do think that it would be important to do a "pre-meet" meet at your gym a month or so before the contest...

B True

...you think that a meet day once every 5-7 days, say three weeks out - and no with 100Max weights at the beginning - would take more out of you than doing the regular three days per week training?

I don't think it works that way. As a contest approaches...you need to spend more time on the extras and bringing up the volume on each lift to be good at it. I don't think that doing the 3 lifts like that would be good.

Remember to train the bench press you need to:
do speed work
do maximum effort tricep work
tricep volume work
rotator work
lat work
etc.....

It would take you HOURS upon HOURS to do a full 3 lift meet and do all of this...

B True

Top Bottom