Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

contest dieting: keto diets vs. traditional diets

J

jeremys

which, in your opinion, is better? do you think keto diets are just some more fad diets?

back in the day, keto diets weren't used, yet some pros were ridiculously shredded (without a lot of today's diuretics, drugs, etc)

by 'traditional' diet i mean something along the lines of 40/40/20

do these traditional diets lead to greater muscle loss than keto diets? or is it all just about calorie amounts and getting *enough* protein?

i hate keto because in my case, the right kind of foods are hard to get, i shit all sorts of weird stuff, look very small/flat, lose LOTS of strength, etc.

Ketones do have a protien sparing effect. Also bear in mind that the deeper into ketosis one is, the less efficient one's body becomes at burning fat. WHat I mean by that is, your body will tend to excrete higher levels of ketones, partially burned fat molicules. Ketones do have calories, so by expelling them in urine, sweat, feces, breath etc you are getting a metabolic advantage in that you are expelling a signifigant number of unburned fat calories. This is not to say that you can eat unlimited amounts of food, you can definately eat more cals than on a higher carb diet while stil losing the same amount of bodyfat. Feel free to flame away at this statement folks...

back in the day, keto diets weren't used, yet some pros were ridiculously shredded (without a lot of today's diuretics, drugs, etc)

This statement gives you all the answers you need. Keto diets weren't popular in the 80's and some of today's new miracle supplements weren't even around yet people were still able to get more shredded then any of us will ever be. Unless the human race has undergone some drastic evolutionary changes in the past couple of decades I think it's safe to say we can still achieve leanness without resorting to keto diets.

Are keto diets good? Sure if you like to do them. Remember however that the best diet is the one that you will have the best time adhering too. Who cares if a keto diet burns 0.0343242% more fat per week than another diet if you feel like shit all the time or can't keep on the diet longer than a week? Some people love keto diets and have less cravings and feel better on them, some of us don't.

The basic fact is any well constructed diet will succeed if given time. You will get just as cut following the chicken breast/brown rice/oatmeal bodybuilding diet of the 80's just as easily as you would on a keto diet if stay consistent. If you want to diet with carbs just try to get the majority of them from low GI sources and you can't NOT lose fat.

Well said Vageta........

Keto works for some people.

For others, a diet that includes all the macro nutrients in the right ratios allows them to reach their goals. It's not really a case of being Better, its a case of what works for you.

When i tried a keto diet it made me feel lethargic, also i find the traditional diet allows me to obtain the same fatloss while stioll giving me the energy to easily continue with daily tasks and training.

I also founnd that my metabolism just shut down when doing the keto thing, however this could have been due to the very low calories also.

Top Bottom