Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

condiments ok? on cutting diet

believeNme

Just a quicky...... are things like fat free italian salad dressing, and sugar free jam ok on a cutting diet....etc. (crystal light)...??

If you can avoid those ersatz it's better

But those products are definitely better than their full fat full sugar counterparts as part of a cutting diet

is it the extra calories in them? or the sodium?..... what do u use for salad dressing while cutting anthrax? Thanks for replying! =)

I'd drop the SUgar Free Jam. It is NOT sugar free. It just has no ADDED sugar. The fruit still has sugar, but you don't get the fiber benefits of REAL fruit.

As for dressing, I'd say you can still use, but seriously limit the amount. I like making my own dressing with Olive Oil and Balsalmic Vinegar.

I'd vote no on the Bacon Bits. Add chunks of chicken or similar meat instead.

I'd also use Skim Milk instead of FF non-dairy creamer - but that is just me.

Crystal Light is fine - as longas it is the sugar free ones. Watch the Tea's - they often have sugar in them.

I never worry about sodium when cutting. All excess salt does is retain water (assuming you have no blood pressure issues). That is easy to remedy by cutting salt down for a couple days. Plus, with the amount of water I drink, I rarely retain water from salt.

You don't have to limit FAT when cutting, just make sure it comes from the right sources.

Usually fat free = more carbs and
low in carbs = more fat
(processed food can't taste good w/o fat and carbs)

For salad dressing a good vinegar + some good oil (walnut is my favorite) is OK
You need EFAs

As for sodium, it's just water retention, not fat
So drink a little bit more and it will be OK
and, just like Daisy_Girl, I never experienced bloating for high sodium intake

thanks for all the advice guys =)....on the bacos, im a vegetarian, forever now, but i like to have some texture on my salads. I would do nuts, but SERIOUSLY i have an addiction to them like alcoholics have to alcohol, and i cant stop, so im choosing (for the next 8 weeks anyhow) to have none! I do take efa's, about 3 at a time, 3 times a day. I started my diet today. So i just needed some idea's on how to "spruce-up" my food, until i get used to liking more natural foods again. (as everyone, i overloaded on pure junk for the last few months=(((( Any other, ideas are greatly appreciated =)

hey bro. I'm cutting as well. I use sugar free ketchup, lots of mustard, a small amount of ffmayo daily, and thats really it. My chicken is not eatable without my carb options italian dressing by Lawrys. I suggest gettin it. No carbs or sugar. I live by that shit dude.

For seasoning/flavor use:

Almonds/Other nuts: Measure them with a Tablespoon or 1/4 cup measure then seal them up & put them away so you aren't tempted to eat them all!!

Salad Dressing: Whisk together: Pepper, Balsamic &/or Red Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Mustard (Dijon or Spicy Brown), Splenda & sometimes, a little thawed Frozen OJ concentrate

Use REAL Parmesan Cheese or Reggiano -- the kind you buy in a chunk & have to grate. It's lower in fat than other cheeses & a tiny amount adds a lot of flavor.

Mrs. Dash seasonings -- all salt free & lots of options.

Other seasonings: Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Fresh & Dried Basil, Italian Seasoning, Salt Free Spices, etc etc

Cutting doesn't have to = bland

Use All Natual, Perservative Free Nuts

Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsalmic Vinegar

Use Mustard and Ketchup

Seasonings for the most part are fine, just high in sodium

Flax oil is good

Avoid fruit (jelly), milk and dairy products...

If you truly want to cut and cut optimally, stick to these products and avoid the others and youll have great results

Top Bottom