Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are cold cuts bad for u?

someone said this.....i eat a shitload of roast beef and turkey sandwiches...are they bad for u? i would assume there very healthy- lexus

Muscle Media Investigation: Blowing the lid off lunchmeat lies by Brett Hall,R.D. it is in october 2001 issue a must read you will never want to eat processed meat.
Biscuit...

Depends on what they meant by "cold cuts." Lean sliced roast beef bought over the counter tends to be a fattier cut and higher in sodium. Same with turkey, althought it's less fatty. But it's still ok to eat on a diet.

Processed turkey, rb, ham sold in those little bags, the cheap stuff, know what I mean? That stuff is VERY high fat and sodium and way overprocessed. Not a good diet food at all.

Then there's cold cuts in the more traditional use of the term, salami, pepperoni, pastrami, etc. As far as that stuff goes, you might as well just eat pure salt and fat.

I don't know why everyone assumes you need to get the fattest cut, 98% lean ham is like 25calories and 5 protien a slice. Thats pretty damn good if you ask me.

The only downside to the lean cuts is that they are loaded w/ sodium. like 16% rda per slice. So rinse em off first that'll help a lil.

He may be right about the cuts that are just like deli meats they don't state how lean they are so I don't know about those, I always seem to do poorly on a diet when comsuming the deli packaged and instead of the regular packags w/ the label.

Biscuit said:
Muscle Media Investigation: Blowing the lid off lunchmeat lies by Brett Hall,R.D. it is in october 2001 issue a must read you will never want to eat processed meat.
Biscuit...

I think I will get a couple hot dogs and read this while I eat:D

I agree Enock, in a way. I heard lots of these products like chicken patties, hotdogs, salami, bologne are loaded of parts of cartiledge from their legs, noses, and organs like stomach and liver, etc. NOt that great if you ask me. So i try to stick to ham/chicken/turekey slices that you have to buy and ask the dude to slice it for you. I know it has a shit load of sodium but so what? I'm young, i exercise, i do cardio, and i drink shit loads of water. If anything i'd be more sodium depleted! Think about all that you do, how much you sweat and how much sodium is lost when you sweat. And when you drink excessive fluids you are pulling a lot of sodium out of you as well. Eat the SODIUM!! Believe it or not, i even have (i bought this cuz it was 5 bucks) a sodium/potassium supplement i take right before i work out. B/c i know how much of these electrolytes is lost. So feel good when you're munching on that ham! :D

There was a time when I was addicted to that ham, I didn't bother washing it off and I added yellow mustart (more sodium).

I would consume 3 packages a day. Each package consisting of 20 slices as 16% a pop (1500calories, 300protein). I was at 960% RDA for sodium everyday when eating it, and when I added the mustard I loaded it on. I didn't notice anything odd or anything but I did get sick of ham. Of course I since stopped for a bit and I now enjoy eating it again, but this time around I'm washing it off first.

High levels of salt doesn't nessarily lead to high blood pressure ect.. (in a few individuals it does correlate but high levels do not effect most people in anyway)

Doesn't seem to cause cramping

Also if high levels of sodium are kept in the body the water retention caused from it does reduce as the body gets accustomed.

What I meant by deli meat was even the lean cuts of ham you get from them, I can never figure out how lean they are (it varies quite a bit 96% lean in 35calories 5 pro and 98% is 25 pro for the same size, So if those sliced end up being like 94-92 it messes up the cutting cycles that and the fact that the slices are sliced differently than the prepackaged so its harder to determine corresponding slice sizes, Its a huge "winging it" cutting on them, bulking however. (I'm pretty sure there lower in % lean they taste alot better and are texture differently depspite the fact that the others have been more processed I still think its the % resposible for the taste)

Top Bottom