Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cold cuts any good?

lots of sodium and preservatives. & unhealthy fats. get deli shaved turkey breast instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

processed meats do contain protein but look at all the other crap it has

the main problem is that it is processed, processed foods are awful for the body across the board. the reason they are processed is so they can sit at the supermarket for a week without spoiling then go into your fridge. some places do carry unprocessed things like turkey or roast beef, but those must be consumed in 1-2 days or they will go bad

Are cold cuts a good source of protein for the ultimate bulkage ?

The ones they sell here are not that high in calories so I wouldn't consider it bulking food per se.

Besides they are usually pretty high in sodium so you need to keep eye on that.

They are also pretty expensive (at least here) compared to beef, chicken, dairy products.

Come on bro. That's not a serious question.

Are gummy bears a good source of carbs? Of course not.

I'm reading the comments and there's no problem with sodium for your health (unless you have a diagnosed arterial or heart problem). In fact if you're going to do low carb you'll need to increase your sodium intake baseline. Preservatives are crap but your question is about cold cuts, not processed meats. Find cold cuts that have a small list of ingredients that don't have chemicals or artificial preservatives. There are some out there, get into the habit of reading labels, stay away from sugars (carbs) and ingredients that are chemical in nature :)

I'm reading the comments and there's no problem with sodium for your health (unless you have a diagnosed arterial or heart problem). In fact if you're going to do low carb you'll need to increase your sodium intake baseline. Preservatives are crap but your question is about cold cuts, not processed meats. Find cold cuts that have a small list of ingredients that don't have chemicals or artificial preservatives. There are some out there, get into the habit of reading labels, stay away from sugars (carbs) and ingredients that are chemical in nature :)

correct.
salt is actually a great way to preserve foods that is healthy.

most meatheads are braindead on history, so they don't know long before preservatives came along humans would use salt to preserve the meat.

today they don't use salt, they use much cheaper and stronger preservatives that keep the meat from going bad for A LONG TIME.

if not for the invention of the fridge/freezer just imagine how much food would go bad especially without preservatives

Top Bottom