Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Coffee Protein Shake???

wayneboard1

So I wonder if I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Is it possible/foodsafe to make coffee and then keep the brew in the fridge to add to my protein shake? I LOVE frigin chocolate and usually have a morning protein shake with ice, skim milk, chocolate protein, and fat free sugar free chocolate pudding all mixed up. SOmetimes I throw some berries or bananas in there as well. However I love coffee too, so I was thinking I could brew it up and add maybe 1 cup into it to make a mocha protein shake of sorts. My own little frappacino or however you spell that frigin word. I just don't know if coffee can go bad if left in the fridge like that. I don't think it can but would hate to find that out the hard way. Can you say COLON BLOW? :p Thanks for anyones feedback.

Interesting, I'd like someone's working formula on this too.

Could be an excellent filler befor the gym.

I don't think it would go bad in a day or two.

I have in the past added a little chocolate protein, along with heavy cream and sugar-free hot chocolate, to my coffee. Wasn't very noticable.

I put leftover coffee into ice cube trays then freeze it. When you blend up a shake, instead of plain ice cubes, use the coffee cubes instead. Mocha shake!!

Or -- use instant espresso powder - 1 teaspoon or some instant coffee powder.

Otherwise you can store leftover coffee in the fridge no problem -- I do it all the time.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried the instant coffee a few times and never even really used that much but had bad results. I found out who my friends were when I got about halfway through a workday with coffee grounds stuck all in my teeth! And here I was thinking I had some sort of animal magnetism about me when everyone was just stopping by my office to laugh at my "hillbilly teeth".

That ice cube thing is a great idea, never though of that.

Thanks.

jenscats5 said:
I put leftover coffee into ice cube trays then freeze it. When you blend up a shake, instead of plain ice cubes, use the coffee cubes instead. Mocha shake!!

Or -- use instant espresso powder - 1 teaspoon or some instant coffee powder.

Otherwise you can store leftover coffee in the fridge no problem -- I do it all the time.

wayneboard1 said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried the instant coffee a few times and never even really used that much but had bad results. I found out who my friends were when I got about halfway through a workday with coffee grounds stuck all in my teeth! And here I was thinking I had some sort of animal magnetism about me when everyone was just stopping by my office to laugh at my "hillbilly teeth".

That ice cube thing is a great idea, never though of that.

Thanks.

:worried:

:lmao: :lmao:

If you want to use instant coffee or instant espresso powders -- mix a spoonful into hot water before-hand & stir it around to dissolve it first. Then let it cool a bit.

BTW, if you get espresso powder -- it's stronger than regular coffee, so you only need a little bit.

jenscats5 said:
:worried:

:lmao: :lmao:

If you want to use instant coffee or instant espresso powders -- mix a spoonful into hot water before-hand & stir it around to dissolve it first. Then let it cool a bit.

BTW, if you get espresso powder -- it's stronger than regular coffee, so you only need a little bit.

I usually hit starbucks each morning on my way to work and get a 5 shot :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: mocha so I don't think the espresso powder will hit me that bad. Of course I get skim milk and 1/4th the mocha syrup so it's not AS bad for me as it could be. I swear starbucks had better drop their prices or I have have to start drinking........folgers with flavor crystals......*YUCK* It's like drinking a cup of butt....or so I've heard. :p I brewed up some coffee this AM and put it in the ice trays so we'll see how it turns out.

Top Bottom