Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Coffee - Good or Bad?

Dave2KStang

From some brief reading, I found out there's others here who are coffee obsessed like me.
I drink it with no sugar and a little 1% milk. I have 48oz about of it a day.
I'm 20 years old, 5'5" and 138lbs. I do cardio 3 times a week and lift 6 times a week (moderate lifting on the days when I'm doing cardio). I'm looking to gain as much muscle as possible while losing any body fat I can.
I think coffee benefits me since it speeds up my metabolism.
My mother is in Weight Watchers and says coffee is a diaretic and it makes you retain water weight.
So what's up? I'm sure you're going to recommend I should cut back a little on my coffee intake... :(

A diuretic dehydrates you. I think coffee is good. Like you said it speeds up your metabolism. As far as gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. Unless you are taking something other than coffee, that's not going to happen.

Bulking up on mass while shredding fat is nigh impossible. Unless maybe if you're geared up. if you put on mass the right way however, it may look like you lost a lot of fat cause of the way the fat may be displaced over the muscle, but that's about it.

The caffiene from coffee alone will not significantly speed up your metabolism, resulting in supposed considerable fat loss. Some people swear that stacking ephedrine (illegal in the U.K.), caffiene and aspirin will speed up your metabolism. Personally, I believe all thermogenic ergogenics are a complete waste of money and a BS reason not to change your diet and do proper cardio training.

Coffee/ caffiene is indeed a duiretic and ingesting alot of coffee during the day will leave you considerably dehydrated, unless you are preparing to up your water intake significantly.

As with most things, moderation is the way to go if you can't abstain from it, so cut back on that coffee, lol.

British Athlete said:
The caffiene from coffee alone will not significantly speed up your metabolism, resulting in supposed considerable fat loss. Some people swear that stacking ephedrine (illegal in the U.K.), caffiene and aspirin will speed up your metabolism. Personally, I believe all thermogenic ergogenics are a complete waste of money and a BS reason not to change your diet and do proper cardio training.

Coffee/ caffiene is indeed a duiretic and ingesting alot of coffee during the day will leave you considerably dehydrated, unless you are preparing to up your water intake significantly.

As with most things, moderation is the way to go if you can't abstain from it, so cut back on that coffee, lol.

this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. coffee and ephedrine will rip you up. i take them on wednesday to saturday every week im shredded and big and natural, with viens in the abs, i have the best build at my gym no doubt. and i owe alot to coffee and ephedrine

Mr. Sexy Man,

One or two anecdotal case studies does not cement your claim to the sports supplementation industry that Ephedrine and Caffiene stacked together will yield a considerably increased rate of thermogenesis.

What you fail to understand is that your results do not apply to everybody else.

If you bothered to look beyond your own "miraculous" result, you would find that, aside from the fact an EC stack doesn't work for the majority of people, there are many others factors to take into consideration as to how you became to "big and ripped". The exact style diet that you follow, the quantities of each food that you eat, the time apart from each meal, the quantity of fluids you ingest, the other supplements that you use during the day and how you react to them, what type of cardio you are doing, how long you are doing the cardio for, what range of heart rate your cardio takes you into, your body composition and personal unique physiology, what strength training routines you follow, how many sets and reps you do, how many exercises per bodypart, time between sets for rest etc etc etc etc etc etc.

You have to look at every aspect of your life style , training, eating patterns etc to determine what makes you so "big and ripped" as you put it. The ability to objectively look at all factors and aspects, taking into account everything else aside from your "fabulous" EC stack.

That's why you can't go around saying to people, "Take an EC stack and you'll be as big and as ripped as I am", because you need alot more than one case study to re-inforce your claim.

Thanks,

B.A.

British Athlete said:
Mr. Sexy Man,

One or two anecdotal case studies does not cement your claim to the sports supplementation industry that Ephedrine and Caffiene stacked together will yield a considerably increased rate of thermogenesis.

What you fail to understand is that your results do not apply to everybody else.

If you bothered to look beyond your own "miraculous" result, you would find that, aside from the fact an EC stack doesn't work for the majority of people, there are many others factors to take into consideration as to how you became to "big and ripped". The exact style diet that you follow, the quantities of each food that you eat, the time apart from each meal, the quantity of fluids you ingest, the other supplements that you use during the day and how you react to them, what type of cardio you are doing, how long you are doing the cardio for, what range of heart rate your cardio takes you into, your body composition and personal unique physiology, what strength training routines you follow, how many sets and reps you do, how many exercises per bodypart, time between sets for rest etc etc etc etc etc etc.

You have to look at every aspect of your life style , training, eating patterns etc to determine what makes you so "big and ripped" as you put it. The ability to objectively look at all factors and aspects, taking into account everything else aside from your "fabulous" EC stack.

That's why you can't go around saying to people, "Take an EC stack and you'll be as big and as ripped as I am", because you need alot more than one case study to re-inforce your claim.

Thanks,

B.A.

you should probably do your research. have you ever read "optimum sports nutrition". basically a bunch of evidence in there from the colgan institute which shows studies about just caffiene alone (700-1000mg) can create up to 100 percent more fat loss if one does not habitually take caffiene everyday.

i used to think like you.....caffiene and e give me so much energy for cardio and im able to crank out alot of cardio even when i havent got much sleep, and reduces appetitie. you cant beat that combo.

you should try reading other boards besides this one if you want learn more. i havent seen really more than a handfull of decently cut up physiques with muscle on this board including the juiceheads

Thanks for the responses.
Obviously, I know that coffee isn't going to get me ripped! Thinking so would be just plain retarded. I just wanted to know if anyone thought there were any negative effects.
I look forward to talking with you all in the future.

Mr. Sexy Man said:

you should probably do your research. have you ever read "optimum sports nutrition". basically a bunch of evidence in there from the colgan institute which shows studies about just caffiene alone (700-1000mg) can create up to 100 percent more fat loss if one does not habitually take caffiene everyday.

So you are suggesting that caffiene alone will yield significant weight loss? 100% more fat loss, that's a nicely rounded up number, but obviously doctors' aren't telling obese patients to drink several cups of coffee a day for 3 months.

Are the studies geared towards serious "professional" athletes who train rigourously for 15-20 hours each week and follow a very strict diet, or are they geared towards an overweight sedentary person with a 9 to 5 job. What was used for basis of comparison?? What were the test conditions and variance of test subects?? Were the studies caried out by an independent body, or were they financed by a sports supplements company? Other than quote a couple of numbers, you haven't actually demonstrated or taken into consideration any other factors when posting a reply to mine. Also, aside from telling me to do more research, is this the only on hand information you have supporting your claim?? i.e. you made a decision that caffiene or ephedra or both combined was an excellent supplement to use based on the findings of one source i.e. Dr Michael Colgan's book, one scientist??

Most likely the former, but obviously we know that telling the latter to take 700-1000mg of caffiene a day will not solve their obesity problem, whereas the former, where there are a whole host of factors contributing to their weight loss or "ripped up" appearance other than taking an EC stack, or caffiene alone. EC stacks will only increase the rate of thermogenesis a fraction compared to the other factors in the athletes life, such as the considerable amount of hours spent training each week, and also the strict and well monitored diet they follow.

Thanks,

B.A.

British Athlete said:

So you are suggesting that caffiene alone will yield significant weight loss? 100% more fat loss, that's a nicely rounded up number, but obviously doctors' aren't telling obese patients to drink several cups of coffee a day for 3 months.

Are the studies geared towards serious "professional" athletes who train rigourously for 15-20 hours each week and follow a very strict diet, or are they geared towards an overweight sedentary person with a 9 to 5 job. What was used for basis of comparison?? What were the test conditions and variance of test subects?? Were the studies caried out by an independent body, or were they financed by a sports supplements company? Other than quote a couple of numbers, you haven't actually demonstrated or taken into consideration any other factors when posting a reply to mine. Also, aside from telling me to do more research, is this the only on hand information you have supporting your claim?? i.e. you made a decision that caffiene or ephedra or both combined was an excellent supplement to use based on the findings of one source i.e. Dr Michael Colgan's book, one scientist??

Most likely the former, but obviously we know that telling the latter to take 700-1000mg of caffiene a day will not solve their obesity problem, whereas the former, where there are a whole host of factors contributing to their weight loss or "ripped up" appearance other than taking an EC stack, or caffiene alone. EC stacks will only increase the rate of thermogenesis a fraction compared to the other factors in the athletes life, such as the considerable amount of hours spent training each week, and also the strict and well monitored diet they follow.

Thanks,

B.A.

the colgan institute trains many top olympic athletes. great athletes go to the colgan institute to become even better

Top Bottom