Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

coffee during a fast

Sparks47

I was listening to the podcast and I had a question about coffee during a fast, does it break the fast or is it okay? I drink coffee a lot, like 4 cups a day or more. It really seems to help me cut down appetite and takes my hunger pains away, most of the youtube guys pushing fasting say it is okay but others say it is not.

it absolutely will disrupt the fast, even if it is plain coffee sorry. it is a nutrient and it still will involve your body having to process it. so you will never get everything you need out of a fast by adding in things like coffee or tea, even if they might not kick you out of ketosis

i tell people in my fasting ebook that if you have addictions like this you must wean yourself off the addiction first before doing a prolong fast.

a proper water fast is JUST WATER, and certain electrolytes are acceptable

I think coffee can be very beneficial to a fast. The main benefit is keeping your appetite down. Especially if you are doing a longer fast it will help you get bast those first couple days. I would just make sure you stop drinking it around noon so it is not affecting your sleep.

i don’t see how black coffee can affect your fast.

does coffee not contain nutrients? then yes it will effect the fast.

you can still get benefits from a fast if you must have coffee, but the whole point of a fast (assuming you want the best benefits) is to starve your cells of nutrients to boost autophagy. now if you just want fat loss then it is fine. but you are leaving a lot of benefits from autophagy to gut repair and cell repair on the table. seems like a waste to me when you can get 100% of the benefits instead of just 10%

Top Bottom