Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

coconut water good or bad for your physique?

landan.wogui

I was wondering if coconut water can be the optimum drink for hydration and not gaining weight like those sports drinks loaded with sugar , also it looks to be healthier and way cheaper than regular drinks, what are your thoughts on drinking C.W every day for hydration when you work out and exercise? thank you.

That's a good question and I honestly don't know for sure. To me any type of water would be better than high sugar "Workout" drinks. I drink distilled water with lemon most of the day ( When trying to cut ). In regards to weight lose I'm sure it'll still add water weight like all other drinks do but It may provide additional vitamins and minerals other waters don't to help lose fat. I would search the vitamins and minerals in coconut water to see if there helpful in goals.

Coconut water is kind of like 'mother nature's sports drink'.

It has the exact same electrolyte ratio that is found in muscle cells. It's great for hydration and preventing muscle cramps but it's also fairly high in calories and sugar.

If you are trying to loose body fat - just drink water. Water has no calories

If you are not trying to loose body fat - coconut water is a great drink to drink during your workouts. It's a much better option then any sports drink.

i use coconut water when i am really dehydrated. as musky said it is very close to the same electrolyte ratio

but it does have more calories and sugars then i would prefer. the thing to look for is you want pure coconut water, don't buy the name brand that has a lot of additional ingredients

Definitely base your beverages around pure water but adding coconut water here and there isn't bad at all. Just make sure it isn't one that has a bunch of sugar added to it.

Count it as a much healthier alternative to these sports drinks. It actually tastes nice and is healthy, but the calories would make it not suitable if you are a person who is trying to limit the calories and lose some bodyfat

Top Bottom