Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Coconut water

getit56

Hey guys I was thinking about mixing coconut with my protein shake instead of milk or water. Does anyone do this? I would think the benefits of hydration and protein would be super beneficial no?

It will increase your sugar intake thats for sure but after a cardio workout where you may sweat and lose fluids it can help with that.

first off i have been to supermarkets and the coconut water they sell are full of added sugar and preservatives.

if you want real coconut water you have to buy it from a health food store or crack open your own coconut

2nd coconut water does have a lot of sugar/calories even in its own right. so adding it to your protein powder may not be a good idea if you are trying to cut

Once in a while it will be fine but just be aware of the sugar content. Personally if I have a shake it will always be with water. I do not consume protein shakes very often though.

IMO - coconut water is a bit of a scam.

Yes, it is high in electrolytes and has some health properties to it...but it's also high in sugar.

I would just stick with water. Free and it doesn't have any calories.

Top Bottom