Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

closet fan

bandit_193

Been lurking round here for about 4 months without any input. I just got to give mad props to all the folks that contribute to this board.

With the diet and fitness information I've attained here, I've managed to go from a portly 226 lbs and 32% bf at 5'10" to a not as portly :D 194 lbs and 16% bf in just about 4 months.

That basically means I've added 9 lbs of lean muscle and burned off 41 lbs of blubber.

I've still got to get down to about 175-180 lbs to get sub 10% but it is real easy to stay motivated when I see the changes in the mirror.

I'm fixing to get real serious about documenting my progress.

Basic stuff:
Shoulder Press: 100 lbs
Bench : 175
Incline: 155
Squat: 275
Dead Lift: 295

Cardio: 20 minutes post- lift

Eating 6-7 times daily as follows:
<100 grams carbs
>300 grams protein
total of about 2200 calories.

Thanks again folks for all the info as I'm just getting rolling here. These lifestyle changes have altered my life significantly for the better.

BTW- I'm a 30 year male, been skiing 100+ days per year for the last 20 years (living in Alaska). Thats why my squat and dead lift are so high relative to my upper body.

Welcome, and great progress. I have learned alot here. Its great to put the numbers in writing. More motivation. I have to take a 25 lb turkey out of the oven. Yes, I cooked it for myself.

great job

and welcome:)

may i ask what was your primary source of carbs?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the encouragement every little bit helps, however, no encouragement is as helpful as the mirror and my clothes.

As for carbs:

Oats for breakfast and lots of beans - - red beans, white beans, pinto beans spread throughout the day. I like beans because they are high in fiber, have additional protein, and low carbs and low sugar.

No simple carbs except cool-aid post workout with creatine.

Also got some of that chocolate tripplethreat, ought to be called tripplestink. I've never had such rancid gas in my life.

I haven't cheated since September and I basically no longer have cravings for shit food.

I have been bumping up carbs to about 300 grams for 1 day per week, which is also my lounge day. This appears to have stymied a 2 week plateau. Now I can pretty much count on the scale being 2.5 - 3.0 lbs lighter every Saturday when I step on it.

Diet is basically like this:

Meal 1
8 eggwhite, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 2
MRP, tblsp flax

Meal3
2 chicken breast / fresh Alaskan salmon, 1/3 cup beans,Cup brockeley/cauliflower

Meal 4
MRP, tblsp flax

Meal 5
2 chicken breast / fresh Alaskan salmon, 1/3 cup beans,Cup brockeley/cauliflower

Meal 6
3 tblsp natural pb (no transfat)

If still hungry Meal 7
2 chicken breast

Supps:
Creatine
MD6 2on/2off
ALA

So I'm trying to figure out how much sugar is to much sugar. Every protein bar is a glorified candy-bar with nothing but sugar carbs.

Stick with what's working. As long as you're gaining steady strength and losing a safe, stable amount of weight, you're doing well. In terms of sugar, what I've heard is to restrict it to post workout, which it looks like you're doing. I might ven throw in some lean red meat if you like it. Chicken breasts make me want to puke after eating them every day.

By the way, I've had the Pure Protein Lemon Chiffon flavor a few times, and I believe it only has 2 gs of carbs (sugar) in it. It does have glycerine, but I'm not sure what to make of that. Anyway, as the bars go, its nutrition looks pretty compelling.

Welcome Bandit, and congratulations on your success. Glad you have found a home with this here board.

BMJ

Welcome bro! Looks like you have found what works for you, stick with it! Keep reading and posting, we are all here to help each other!

Rocket

Top Bottom