Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cleanliness of meat

bettingman11

I used to eat Pork regularly but as of a couple months I heard it was one of the dirtier animals and can carry worms in the meat even after cooking. Does anyone avoid meats for non religious reasons ?

the simple solution to the meat problem is going to a health food store and buying grass fed beef, humane friendly meat, etc. this way the animals are not kept in small quarters and walking over their own shit where they spread disease. same goes for eggs.. look for the humane friendly sticker on the cartons

as for fish.. unfortunately the laws on fish are very vague. it can say wild fish and still mean they are farm raised. there is no such thing as wild salmon for example sold in stores. but they can label it that way legally as a loophole.. the solution? catch your own fish! this way you know where it has been. i catch fish, throw it on ice, and clean them the same day. commercial fisherman toss the fish into buckets in the hot sun, and then the fish are cleaned in dirty facilities.. it is very unsanitary.. that is why so many people get fish food poisoning

I used to eat Pork regularly but as of a couple months I heard it was one of the dirtier animals and can carry worms in the meat even after cooking. Does anyone avoid meats for non religious reasons ?

Even the religeous thing is all wrong. So 2000 or so years ago a bunch of 'wise' men in the middle east figured out that leaving pork meat around to go bad in 30c heat might not be a good thing. Well d'uh.

But most people living in the middle east now have fridges. Would Mohammad change his mind now? Probably.

I personally don't consume pork but it isn't for religious reasons. It is generally very fat and often has parasites/tape worms. It's easy to get parasites from pork if it isn't cooked properly.

The majority of my diet is wild fish and poultry. I also eat some lean grass fed beef and bison.

Top Bottom