Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD- what happend to it?

Gumaro

i remember when this first came out in the internet (around '02?) you would see various threads about it. on every bb board out there. now they are pretty hard to find. did this type of diet bombed?

You often don't read much about stuff that is working just because it is well, working. I am on some form of CKD for almost two years now and since it does the trick for me i don't have anything to complain about so i don't write much about dieting on bb boards anymore since i have no trouble getting hold of a 6pack anymore. Lowcarbing 5 days/wk and filling up with ice cream on the weekends is the holy grail of dieting (for me).

I suggest to read Metabolic Diet of Mauro DiPasquale, this guy knows what he is talking about. Of course with every CKD you have to be able to handle the constant change in eating patterns. It can be quite tough mentally to switch from all that sweeties back to lowcarb on monday. I personally hat to eat ketogenic for a couple of months to program my body to be a primary fat burning furnace so i always fall back to ketogenic dieting automatically (on mondays that is).

Gumaro said:
can you post a sample diet?

You're better off asking a doctor first before you do anything. CKD's work well but may be harmful if you have a history of high colestrol or anything of the sorts. I mean, I wouldn't get too hyped up about eating bleu cheese and wings all day just yet.

taken from the book:

"During that time, except for those who are exceptionally uncomfortable (fatigue,
weakness, etc.), you'll be limited to 30 grams of carbohydrates maximum per day. Fat
should be set at roughly 50-60 percent and protein set at 30-40 percent. Follow this
criteria during the initial 12-day phase of the diet and for the ensuing 5 weekdays of
the following weeks, assuming you're biochemically suited to this low level of carbs."

"On the weekends you can set your fat intake at 25-40 percent, your protein intake at
15-30 percent and carb intake at 35-55 percent. As we will see further, these levels
should be adjusted to match and maximize individual body chemistry and needs.
The whole process is very similar to what athletes call "carbohydrate loading". You hit
the carbs relatively heavily and this allows you to be very sociable in the dietary
sense. You can eat those foods you've been missing during the week."

"During the weekdays, there are plenty of options for high-fat/high-protein/low-carb
foods available. Virtually any meat is OK, and most of you will focus on steak,
hamburger, pork and other red meats on the diet. In addition, venison, fish (of great
importance as we'll see later), lamb, shrimp, lobster, chicken, turkey, and other white
meats are also OK. So are canned sardines, tuna, shrimp, herring and anchovies.
Almost any kind of cheese is fair game as well. Use the full fat and non-skimmed milk
varieties. Keep in mind that cheese spreads, cottage and ricotta cheese are higher in
carbohydrates. Brie, Camembert, Muenster, Gruyere and Monterey jack are very low
in carbs and good for the diet.
Whole eggs are great. Deviled eggs can be a good snack food to keep in the
refrigerator to use. Butter and most plant oils are fine. Nuts and seeds like walnuts
and sunflower seeds are also good, but keep track of the carbs. So are condiments
such as salt, vinegar, oil, and mayonnaise, although we urge you to use oil
(especially olive oil) and vinegar dressing most of the time. Most other commercial
salad dressings are in the vicinity of seven percent carbohydrates. "

"When you get to the weekend, do what you want! Fill up the tank on the foods you
want. Satisfy those cravings. Some people will go overboard at the beginning of the
diet and eat until they're nearly sick. Most will overdo it to some degree, but this is
fine. It gets easier as you go."

It was around before then - I remember trying it a good six years ago now. I think teh problem with it is that getting into a state of ketosis is a very unpleasant way to go about dieting - you feel like complete and total shit for a good few days. I didn't like it at all.

Top Bottom