Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chronic diet struggles

donovan25

I've worked with computers for over 25 years now and with that territory comes a lot of chinese food takeout and pizza and eating on the go or fast. i basically relied on junk food and coffee to get through my stressed out days. now I am trying to get back in shape and i'm eating only 1600 calories a day at 280 pounds and not losing weight, need some pointers i guess

stop counting calories, that is the first advice i can give you. because now you are crashing calories and dumping your metabolism. any weight you do lose will be short lived and you will just gain it back

eat a natural whole food diet and time restrict your eating. that is my advice for you

I've worked with computers for over 25 years now and with that territory comes a lot of chinese food takeout and pizza and eating on the go or fast. i basically relied on junk food and coffee to get through my stressed out days. now I am trying to get back in shape and i'm eating only 1600 calories a day at 280 pounds and not losing weight, need some pointers i guess

Losing weight is a process. 280 at 1600 calories.... not losing weight...
I guarantee you that you are higher than 1600. People normally do not count everything. I once had a person tell me their diet ( around 900 calories) and they were actually eating 3800 when everything was counted.
Timing, activity level and makeup also contribute. It is more than just calories.
What is your TDEE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't overthink things. Just make small steps towards a healthy lifestyle and things will come together. Make better food choices by eliminating processed foods. Drink lots of water and make sure to get out of your desk every hour for a quick walk. Meal prep can save you from having to eat somewhere on the go because you will always have a good option ready.

Then you're eating more than 1600 calories. Quite a bit more. At 280, you'd lose weight on 2500 to 2800 per day

Ok. I worked as an attorney for 20 years 16 hour days and i never lived on Chinese food and coffee.
I get it, it's the easy normal thing to do but its also why 90% of men and women over 35 look like complete shit. It's not easy to work a crazy amount of hours at stressful job and still get in 6 good meals a day and train. I did it for years because I could not be comfortable looking like that. Bottom line is of course its difficult, if it was easy everyone would look great and you know a well as i do most dont.
As for your current situation i would guess there are several things you need to fix.
First forget counting calories
If you eat just healthy proteins and healthy carbs with a small amount of good fat what you should be concerned with is the amount of protein and carbs you are eating a day not how many calories. At 280 eating 1800 calories, if you are doing cardio too, is so little your metabolism probably just shut down.
This is my suggestion, what I start out with if I start helping anyone new, then I change things accordingly based on their particular metabolism, activity ect.
I'm guessing you are 280 but your BF is quite high. Start your protein at a constant of 220 a day. Split in 6 or 7 meals.
The carbs is what you need to get right to loose weight and continue to loose weight.
You do not want to keep carbs constant, rotate them over like 4 days. For example 100, 70, 200, 150. Something like that. You need to play with it to find out what works for you but by doing that you keep your body off balance, it wnt adapt and shut your metabolism down. Its trial and error until you figure out what works for you.
You should be doing 45-60 minutes a day of cardio at around 70% of your max heart rate.
I have no idea if you are using any fat burning drugs but legally you should use ephedrine 25mgs, caffeine 200 mgs and 15 mgs of Yohimbine together 3 X a day.
If you want to go further than that clenbeuterol for 2 weeks then 2 weeks of the E/C/Y 3X a day works very well.
The clen start at 20mcgs and raise by 20 every 3 days until you are up to 100 mcgs -120mcgs. Once to max amount you can stay there after the 2 weeks off. Use 3000 mgs of taurine at bedtime and a potassium supplement with the clen to prevent cramping.
These two drugs will work well but not without a good diet cardio program.
You can also use T3, thyroid. It has a bad name but its all bullshit. It's a safe drug to use, always use the least possible if you decide to.
Start with 12.5 mcgs, that works prrfect for me. Only raise if you need to and do not listen to gym gurus and take 100mcgs a day. You can go that high but very few need to. Thyroid does not shut down like testosterone does so whatever you take you are adding to the 25mcgs or so you body should be producing. It would be a very good idea to get a blood test as soon as possible to check your thyroid levels. Your T3 and TSH. If they are low it doesn't matter what you do you aren't looseing fat until that is fixed.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-A207M using Tapatalk

BRO SCIENCE vs. REAL SCIENCE on nutrition,

"losing or gaining weight is all about calories in and calories out, and at the end of the day if you 'hit your macros' that is all that matters."

this is what most people believe. and if you don't actually lose or gain weight according to this formula it MUST BE YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT because you counted wrong. BUT is it the truth?
take 10 minutes out of your day to read the link below and look at the actual HUMAN STUDIES that weren't done by the billion dollar food companies to push an agenda. we know that you can eat the same exact foods at a certain point of the day and it can have a completely different outcome. crazy huh? not what we've been taught all our lives though.
The Women’s Health Initiative was the most ambitious, important weight loss study ever done. This enormous randomized trial involving almost 50,000 people evaluated this low-fat, low calorie approach to weight loss. Through intensive counseling, women were persuaded to reduce daily caloric intake by 342 calories and increase exercise by 10%. Calorie counters expected a weight loss of 32 pounds over a single year. This trial was expected to validate conventional nutritional advice.
But when the final results were tallied in 2006, there was only crushing disappointment. Despite good compliance, over 7 years of calorie counting led to virtually no weight loss
Not even a single pound. This study was a stunning and severe rebuke to the Caloric theory of obesity. Reducing calories did not lead to weight loss.

By declaring that their scientifically unproven caloric reduction advice was flawless, doctors and nutritionists could conveniently shift the blame from themselves to you. It wasn’t their fault. It was yours. (Does this sound familiar, happens everyday when online gurus copy/paste the same diet plans to everyone) No wonder they loved this game so much! To admit that all their precious theories of obesity were simply incorrect was too psychologically difficult. Yet evidence continued to accumulate that this new caloric restriction strategy was about as useful as comb to a bald man.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-calorie-debacle

Last edited:
Top Bottom