Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chocolate vs vanilla

Island Son

I've been using chocolate-flavoured whey for the last 3 months or so and started putting on a little fat. I just switched back to vanilla (store out of choc) and I've lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I don't think my eating or workout habits have changed significantly in the last 4 months.
The labels state the same number of calories per flavor (generic label anyway) but I'm curious.. could ingredients in the flavouring affect your body differently (cocoa beans vs vanilla beans)?
Or if I'm just imagining it, let me know that too

flavouring agents are used in so small quantities that they have # 0 calorie

there should not be any difference between chocolate and vanilla

chocolate flavour has more sugar!! go vanilla
also if u dont like the particular chocolate flavor ur stuffed, or with vanilla u can put stuff in like banana to make taste better

flubberboy said:
chocolate flavour has more sugar!! go vanilla
also if u dont like the particular chocolate flavor ur stuffed, or with vanilla u can put stuff in like banana to make taste better

Dood, how dumb can that be??
Say the choc. has 1-2g more of sugar than the vanilla. You are advising the guy to dump a banana in his vanilla shake for a better taste?? Did you know a banana contains 25 to 30g of carbs (sugar)?

To resume, you are telling the guy:
1- not to have choc. flavoured protein because it contains 3g of sugar instead of 1g for vanilla.
2- to have the vanilla protein and add a whopping 30g of sugar from a banana.

Nice, nice... Keep up the great work.

also on that try not to be such a fuckhead and get so carried away

Anthrax said:
flavouring agents are used in so small quantities that they have # 0 calorie

there should not be any difference between chocolate and vanilla

Exactly. Chocolate and vanilla in their purest forms are not sweet. Sugar must be added, and it's not as if you need to add more to chocolate than you do vanilla. It's unlikey that this had anything to do with your weight gain, IMO.

If you look at the breakdown vanilla has about 15 -30 less calories and about 3 grams less carbs than chocolate so if you do 3-5 shakes a day it adds up.... Also I don't know if you bought the exact same brand... some brands have more fat and carbs and protein with more calories.... Also Blends such as HGH 55 and Pro Complex 55 have whey, egg , and cassienate which take your body longer to absorb and breakdown. Great for bedtime but not so good right after a workout...... Hope this helps

My thinking was not totally focused on the relative amounts of carb etc in the flavourings, but more on the effects of the flavouring... i mean the chemical makeup is different, right? Or maybe starting the day with chocolate makes me crave sweets more during the day...
thanks for all the replies. I think I'll look for another cause. Peace.

Top Bottom