Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chinese food good or bad?

The other day I went to a chinese buffet for my cheat meal. They served fried things like prawn toast, battered mushrooms, but you just have to avoid all that like the plague. I stuck to good old chicken curry, pork in sweet and sour, (Scooping onto my plate more meat than sauce ;) ) brown rice with chicken mixed in, also things like peppered chicken wings, chinese style ribs.

I have no idea of the nutritional values of this, but since I got a shit load of protein, and it was a one-off, it doesn't really bother me too much. It was all delicious but it'll be a while before I have it again, I KNOW it's bad, in comparison.

chicagobuffedbod said:
It's better than Chinese "fried" rice.
Although they use a wok to stir fry all of their veggies and meats for the most part. I consider it a mildly bad food, it's a hell of a lot better than Burger King or any other fast food chain. Just don't get any fried/breaded Asian food. That's going to be loaded with empty calories and fats. The thinner and more watery the sauce is the less it's going to have fat in it. You may also be able to ask for brown rice as a substitute. I get this at a Thai restaurant that I go to in my town and it's really good with basil chicken or garlic chicken.

Its not mildy bad if its steamed..I get steamed chicken (extra chicken) and brocolli with sauce on the side..

yup i was reading MD this morning

chicken tzo has about 1000 cals 22 sat fat

fried rice is 1500 25 sat fat and 4000mg of sodium

they said MCDonalds is better

Faizakafez said:
yup i was reading MD this morning

chicken tzo has about 1000 cals 22 sat fat

fried rice is 1500 25 sat fat and 4000mg of sodium

they said MCDonalds is better

Yeah, Mcdonalds is actually one of the healthier fast food joints believe it or not. Carls, Wendys, Burgerking much worse :)

xrsist said:
how many overweight chinese people do you see in china?

chineese in china DO NOT eat the crap in so called chineese restaurants.
the only decent thing in a chineese restaurant is steemed vegetables

Go sushi instead

Top Bottom