Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken vs. Chicken vs. Chicken??

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
Which is better? Straight up boneless, or breast that comes on the bone? my biggest thing is boneless is $1.99 lb. and bone in is $0.79 lb. Bone in having the skin removed before eating ofcourse.
Also how bad is the skin if baked not fried?
Also, how is the dark meat(legs, wings) compared to breasts. Nutritional content wise?

i did a quick google search for you and fount this. it doesnt have all the info but it has cals. and how to alter the cals with cooking methods.

Calories in Chicken

Well, I remember hearing once upon a time if you're buying chicken parts (NOT a whole chicken) then you might as well just buy boneless because you pay for the bones, not to mention the hassle of deboning the meat.

In terms of nutrition, I doubt if there is much, if any, difference. I have noticed, however (and this could just be me) that chicken meat cooked with the bone in seems to be a little more flavorful than the deboned meat cooked in the same manner.

I have noticed, however (and this could just be me) that chicken meat cooked with the bone in seems to be a little more flavorful than the deboned meat cooked in the same manner.

^^^^^^^^Your absolutely correct ma'am:artist: .

big difference between $.79lb and $1.99lb when your eating 3-6 breasts on any given day too.

^^^^^^^^Your absolutely correct ma'am:artist: .

big difference between $.79lb and $1.99lb when your eating 3-6 breasts on any given day too.
Y'know, maybe I'm weird but I've never gotten to the point where I'm bored with chicken. I do mine very simply, just put it on top of a layer of onions, salt and cover with another layer of onions and bake until done, and I've been totally happy with that for, literally, years.

But like I said, I'm weird, I have pretty simple tastes when it comes to food (my husband has accused me of having a bland palate, in fact).

i can eat the same thing daily. It makes my wife nuts. I dont eat onions myself but I prefer it in the oven. its much more juicy. just some mrs. dash, and a ton of garlic or sometimes rolled in oats dependin on the time of day. constant chicken prep can be a pain in the ass though. sometimes i just opt for albacore straight from the can.

i can eat the same thing daily. It makes my wife nuts. I dont eat onions myself but I prefer it in the oven. its much more juicy. just some mrs. dash, and a ton of garlic or sometimes rolled in oats dependin on the time of day. constant chicken prep can be a pain in the ass though. sometimes i just opt for albacore straight from the can.
I actually don't eat the onions, I just use them to give the chicken some flavor and keep it moist. I just bake a shitload in the toaster/convection oven once or twice a week.

A Foreman grill or the like is totally worth the money if you don't have one. Just salt and oil gives the chicken a nice texture if you want to grill it and slice it hot to drop over a salad (hot chicken plus cool crispy greens is a nice contrast for food).

Tuna is so handy but I have a lot of weird food intolerances and need to limit my consumption as much as possible because of mercury, then I only eat the light version.

Top Bottom