Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken - Dark Meat/White Meat

AnotherDrummer

I've been eating chicken breasts for so long because I was under the impression that it was so much better for you than dark meat. Don't get me wrong, I like chicken breast...but I also like boneless thighs. I cut off all excess fats, and from what I've been reading, it has less calories than breast, but it does have a little more fat...but the fats are healthy fats with omegas. I've also read that the dark meat has more nutritional value.

Does anyone else have an opinion or information on this? Have I just bought into the whole 'white meat' hype? Thighs taste so much better with a good marinade.

I've been eating chicken breasts for so long because I was under the impression that it was so much better for you than dark meat. Don't get me wrong, I like chicken breast...but I also like boneless thighs. I cut off all excess fats, and from what I've been reading, it has less calories than breast, but it does have a little more fat...but the fats are healthy fats with omegas. I've also read that the dark meat has more nutritional value.

Does anyone else have an opinion or information on this? Have I just bought into the whole 'white meat' hype? Thighs taste so much better with a good marinade.

I prefer the white meat chicken myself. I'd like to see more info about the dark meat.

dark meat all the way... solid substitue for steak too. As long as you're tracking macros it shouldn't matter, just pay attention to sat. fats if they really bother you

Why do you have to cut the carbs with th edark meat? Is it cos of the added calories from the meats fat content?

Never eat carbs with fat, carbs invoke an insulin response in the body, insulin is responsible for shuttling nutrients into muscle tissue, cells, and fat stores, so essentially when u eat fats and carbs together you have created a potent recipe for fat storage!

Never eat carbs with fat, carbs invoke an insulin response in the body, insulin is responsible for shuttling nutrients into muscle tissue, cells, and fat stores, so essentially when u eat fats and carbs together you have created a potent recipe for fat storage!

+1 good shit bro

Top Bottom