Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken, chicken, and more chicken!!

Themachine01

Ive been on a cutting diet for about 3 months now and am looking for some ideas of what kind of shit i can put on my chicken. I usually just cook it with some lemon pepper and throw some fat free dressing on it or some blue cheese. Im on a 70% protein, 20% carbs, and 10% fat.

I'm doing a similar ratio, actually 80% protein/20% fat, no carbs. How are your results thus far? Couple suggestions for the chicken. I love using chili powder on it and some franks hot sauce (no carbs). Goya Adobo is also awesome. If you want to marinate I found a 1:1 ratio orange juice:lemon juice and put on some dry Italian Seasoning as well.

I have found a brand of sauces called Stubbs. They make a BBQ sauce that is low carb, about 5 grams per serving. They also make something called Mopping sauce. Its like a viniger and pepper sauce that is really good. It has about 2-3 grams of fat and only 1 gram of carbs per serving. They also make some marinades for chicken steak and pork that tastes pretty good as well. i usually find the stuff in the health food aisle or specialty aisle. Its worth a taste.:spin:

I like doing the chicken in the pan and adding some fat free italian dressing and hot sauce. You can add some water to make the mixture less thick but if you cook for a bit it becomes pasty and coats the chicken well.

I also like using chili dog mustard in the pan w/ some water and it makes an awesome marinade.

Then you always have condiments like ketchup and bbq sauce along w/ soy sauce and terryaki that arent bad in moderation.

Well it depends on what type of work you do, etc, if you are always around a kitchen or work from home then id recommend cooking the chicken every day in the foreman grill..you can even do it plain or sprinkle some mrs dash on the chicken when its in the grill and that shit tastes GREAT! Fresh chix breasts RULE! But if you pre make them like I do on the weekends for the rest of the week, just use the same thing, mrs dash or fat free and low cal/carb dressing to marinate like7-8lbs and put it on the BBQ gril but slightly UNDERCOOK it cause after a few days sitting in the fridge they get hard as shit..

If you are doing a CKD type diet then use heavy cream with some romano cheese sprinkled in and mariante it with that…tastes great after its cooked

put terryaki sauce on it!!!!!!!! it is great it makes chicken taste just like chinese food i juts put a little in a cup and dip the chicken into it then eat. it has like only 10 cals per tsp so cals arent a problem, though there is a lot of sodium but if you arent competing that isnt much to worry about. also i got a bottle that has only 200 mg of sodium per tsp compared to the usual 750 or so mg and it tastes just as good.

PwB said:
I'm doing a similar ratio, actually 80% protein/20% fat, no carbs. How are your results thus far? Couple suggestions for the chicken. I love using chili powder on it and some franks hot sauce (no carbs). Goya Adobo is also awesome. If you want to marinate I found a 1:1 ratio orange juice:lemon juice and put on some dry Italian Seasoning as well.

It seems to me that you are training your body to store fat buddy. Since your not getting any carbs, the body's main energy source, it will go to the next source which is fat. Since you aren't taking in a lot of fat, your body converts the protein into glucose resulting in a lot of fat storage. if you are going to do a no carb diet, i would suggest looking up a CKD diet. It's a lot better than what you are doing IMHO and you get awesome results. i hope i helped you

Back when I was eating boneless skinless chicken breasts almost every night, this was one of my fave recipes. It's incredibly simple and very delicious. It also seasons the chicken quite well to be eaten in salads. It's from "How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman.

Basic Broiled Chicken Cutlets

4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets (breast halves), rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use a low-sodium kind)
black pepper
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (optional)

If you want, pound the chicken until it reaches uniform thickness (I do this because it makes the chicken cook very quickly and evenly).

Put the soy sauce and pepper in a shallow dish. Put chicken breasts in the dish and cover well with mixture. If you have time, let the chicken marinate in the fridge for an hour or more. (my advice: let it marinate!)

Preheat the broiler. Broil the chicken very quickly - it should take no more than 3-4 minutes per side (if you've flattened it). Sprinkle with lime juice and sesame oil, serve hot or at room temperature.

Top Bottom