Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken Broth Bad?

mm107

High End Bro
Platinum
Hey guys i was going to make my own chicken soup, And i was reading the back and the sodium was through the roof. Im cyurrently cutting and want to throw in a "chicken soup meal". With only chicken breast meat.

I was figuring it was still ok since im not going to drink down the broth. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

MM107 said:
Hey guys i was going to make my own chicken soup, And i was reading the back and the sodium was through the roof. Im cyurrently cutting and want to throw in a "chicken soup meal". With only chicken breast meat.

I was figuring it was still ok since im not going to drink down the broth. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

So you want to make homemade chicken soup but are concerned about the sodium content in canned chicken broth??

Buy low sodium chicken broth, make your own or check labels & use a chicken/vegetable broth with less sodium. The sodium shouldn't be too much of a concern provided you are drinking enough water.

MM107 said:
Im drinking Plenty of water. Atleast 1 Gallon, or more. The soidum count was 1200 i believe. Im not going to suck down the broth when im done lol. SO im probabbly going to make some chicken soup! =]

the broth is 0 calories anyways.

Yeah, broth is usually high in sodium, BUT you can get low sodium broth. Use that & up your water to 1.5 gallons.....

There is a ton of sodium in ALL canned products, but like he said either buy the low Sod. version, fat free of course, or like i do, make your own, when the stock is finished, put it in the fridge to cool, then all the fat will solidify on top, then just take it off, wa la, fat free no sodium chicken broth...

If you gotta go this route and use the low sod. broth, why not just marinate or cook the chicken in it, or cook the chicken plain and pour it on top?

Blu Steel said:
If you gotta go this route and use the low sod. broth, why not just marinate or cook the chicken in it, or cook the chicken plain and pour it on top?

I just want to know if it was high in sodium. it says everything is 0 cals blah blah only thing it has is sodium, so ill prob do the homemade method let it get cold and take off the top =]

MM107 said:
I just want to know if it was high in sodium. it says everything is 0 cals blah blah only thing it has is sodium, so ill prob do the homemade method let it get cold and take off the top =]

Doing that will only remove the fat from the broth, not the sodium.

Top Bottom