x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Chicken Breasts Or Skinless Chicken Breasts- Which Is More Cost Effective???

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Chicken Breasts Or Skinless Chicken Breasts- Which Is More Cost Effective??? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: Guys, I just left Costo a few hours ago checking out the prices on different items. The regular Chicken Breasts were $1.49 a pound and the Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts were $2.49 a pound. If you bought the regular Chicken Breasts and stripped the skin & fat off yourself, would you end up with the same amount of meat at a cheaper price?? Which one do you buy??

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Olympian

Chicken Breasts Or Skinless Chicken Breasts- Which Is More Cost Effective???

Guys, I just left Costo a few hours ago checking out the prices on different items. The regular Chicken Breasts were $1.49 a pound and the Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts were $2.49 a pound. If you bought the regular Chicken Breasts and stripped the skin & fat off yourself, would you end up with the same amount of meat at a cheaper price?? Which one do you buy??

Good Broly
    I get the skinless/boneless- yes, I will pay for the supermarket crew to do what they do "best". I guess the difference is only that-- you pay for a service. I just think in terms of trash- and chicken skin and bones do not smell right after a day in the can (even in another bag). Of course, if you find a way to sell the skin, and you learn a "butcher's technique" go with the regular.

Hmm-- chicken skin over pig skin in pork rinds? I don't touch the things but some will fry anything....

Pro Bodybuilder breathinbleedout's Avatar
    well, my dad buys the chicken with skin then spends somewhere between 30 to an hour ripping the skin off the chicken. I buy the skinless/boneless chicken because its easier to deal with, and easier to eat..no bones to mess with. In the chicken packet it should say the cost/pound ratio aka unit price, and where I shop(food town) chicken with skin and w/o skin cost the same ammount. So if you are wondering why my dad still buys the chicken with skin..go figure, I guess as the person ages its tough for them to change.

Olympian
    Thanks for your input, guys!

Olympian
    Up for more opinions!!

Originally posted by breathinbleedout
    I guess as the person ages its tough for them to change.
    wow broly, those are some deep thoughts for the diet board. you are a good bro.

I agree that the best bang for the buck is usually skin and bone in tact - but I don't like screwing around with that either so I usually just get skinless.

I usually buy regular chicken breast for 89c/lb, when they are on sale.

Take 30 min to debone, and take the skin off. Saves a shit load in the long run.

Olympian
    Kentucky, they have them on sale for .99/lb once a month here. My wife and I are going to buy a deep freezer from Lowes to store our meat. Next time they have them on sale, I'm going buy 60-70lbs and store it.

Originally posted by kentucky
    I usually buy regular chicken breast for 89c/lb, when they are on sale.

Take 30 min to debone, and take the skin off. Saves a shit load in the long run.
    Very true...

Unfortunately, I'll pay for the convenience on having it done for me...

Olympian
    More opinions, fellas!!