Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken Breasts Or Skinless Chicken Breasts- Which Is More Cost Effective???

Texas Ranger

Guys, I just left Costo a few hours ago checking out the prices on different items. The regular Chicken Breasts were $1.49 a pound and the Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts were $2.49 a pound. If you bought the regular Chicken Breasts and stripped the skin & fat off yourself, would you end up with the same amount of meat at a cheaper price?? Which one do you buy??

I get the skinless/boneless- yes, I will pay for the supermarket crew to do what they do "best". I guess the difference is only that-- you pay for a service. I just think in terms of trash- and chicken skin and bones do not smell right after a day in the can (even in another bag). Of course, if you find a way to sell the skin, and you learn a "butcher's technique" go with the regular.

Hmm-- chicken skin over pig skin in pork rinds? I don't touch the things but some will fry anything....

well, my dad buys the chicken with skin then spends somewhere between 30 to an hour ripping the skin off the chicken. I buy the skinless/boneless chicken because its easier to deal with, and easier to eat..no bones to mess with. In the chicken packet it should say the cost/pound ratio aka unit price, and where I shop(food town) chicken with skin and w/o skin cost the same ammount. So if you are wondering why my dad still buys the chicken with skin..go figure, I guess as the person ages its tough for them to change.

breathinbleedout said:
I guess as the person ages its tough for them to change.

wow broly, those are some deep thoughts for the diet board. you are a good bro.

I agree that the best bang for the buck is usually skin and bone in tact - but I don't like screwing around with that either so I usually just get skinless.

I usually buy regular chicken breast for 89c/lb, when they are on sale.

Take 30 min to debone, and take the skin off. Saves a shit load in the long run.

Kentucky, they have them on sale for .99/lb once a month here. My wife and I are going to buy a deep freezer from Lowes to store our meat. Next time they have them on sale, I'm going buy 60-70lbs and store it.

kentucky said:
I usually buy regular chicken breast for 89c/lb, when they are on sale.

Take 30 min to debone, and take the skin off. Saves a shit load in the long run.

Very true...

Unfortunately, I'll pay for the convenience on having it done for me...

Top Bottom