Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken Breast whats good whats not?

GatorHunter

Whats the best brand to buy when shopping for chicken breast and I havent checked yet but can you buy turkey breast? I am hungry help me out!!! lol :chomp:

GatorHunter said:
Whats the best brand to buy when shopping for chicken breast and I havent checked yet but can you buy turkey breast? I am hungry help me out!!! lol :chomp:

Yes, you can buy just a turkey breast, also ground 100% turkey breast, turkey breast cutlets (like a steak), turkey breast burgers, etc.....look in the meat section of your store.....

Regarding chix breasts -- buy what you can afford & trim off the fat. I personally think Costco has the nicest quality chix breasts for a reasonable price -- $2.49 per lb where I am...

Hey guys what about chicken thighs also saw some of these didnt know if they are as good as breasts though. Also I had a question about karma I have been getting some but some a green and some are grey what does that mean? Thanks bros!

GatorHunter said:
Hey guys what about chicken thighs also saw some of these didnt know if they are as good as breasts though. Also I had a question about karma I have been getting some but some a green and some are grey what does that mean? Thanks bros!

Thigh meat is dark meat which is more fatty than breast meat.

1 oz of chix breast (per fitday.com) is 45.82 cals, .991 g fat, .28g sat fat, .214g poly fat, .344 mono fat, 0g carb, 8.61g protein

1 oz of chix thigh (again via fitday) is 58.03 cals, 3.02g fat, .841g sat, .689g poly, 1.15g mono, 0g carb, 7.2g protein

So the breast has a little more protein & less fat. If you choose to buy thigh meat, look for boneless & cook on a rack so the fat will drip off & remove the skin.

I buy the big bags of skinless boneless chicken breast from walmart,costs about 9 bucks and you get about ten pieces at about 36 grams protien a piece.Yumm!!

Sweet I am gonna go to walmart then. I am also thinking about Carne Asada wich is I think meat skirt. What do you guys think? Or can I get an even leaner cut of cow? Thanks.

I get the Tyson brand from Costco. $14 for a 6.5 lb bag. At 6oz, which is what I eat, I get about 10 servings. Only this is they get black too quick when I grill them. I didn't have this problem with ones from another store. Im prolly gonna switch.

powerlord said:
I buy the big bags of skinless boneless chicken breast from walmart,costs about 9 bucks and you get about ten pieces at about 36 grams protien a piece.Yumm!!

This is what I buy too. Slap it on the ol GE grill and ya have a great breast :)

Top Bottom