Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken breast

poysyn

Just curious to see what typical macros you use for say 4oz of cooked chicken breast (fresh kind without nutrition labels) assuming the visible fat not eaten..

Yes, I use both..I was just curious what the members on these boards use as those macros vary SIGNIFICANTLY. More importantly, how much of the saturated fat content can be avoided by avoiding what is visible on the outer edges?

For example, the chicken breast I bought in bulk is a local grocery store name brand. It came in a bag with about 60, 140g frozen breasts. Each breast contains 150 cals, 5g fat of which 2.5 are sat and 27g of protein. I find that fat content to be extremely high for a chicken breast and consider the breats relatively lean. On the contrary, fitday gives about 130cals for a similar portion of regular chicken breast which visibly has much more fat when cooked.

I just don't want to assume im intaking an extra 10gs of fat when I'm really not..

poysyn said:
Yes, I use both..I was just curious what the members on these boards use as those macros vary SIGNIFICANTLY. More importantly, how much of the saturated fat content can be avoided by avoiding what is visible on the outer edges?

For example, the chicken breast I bought in bulk is a local grocery store name brand. It came in a bag with about 60, 140g frozen breasts. Each breast contains 150 cals, 5g fat of which 2.5 are sat and 27g of protein. I find that fat content to be extremely high for a chicken breast and consider the breats relatively lean. On the contrary, fitday gives about 130cals for a similar portion of regular chicken breast which visibly has much more fat when cooked.

I just don't want to assume im intaking an extra 10gs of fat when I'm really not..
If I don't buy fresh organic from whole foods I will use Perdue Fresh Fit 'N Easy Skinless & Boneless Chicken Breast

Serving:

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 4 oz
Calories 133.33
Calories from Fat 6

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0.667g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 80mg 27%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 32g 64%
Alcohol 0g

I just use fitday, but i buy the frozen walmart chicken breasts. They are so great on the foreman grill.

Per 100 gram of fresh skinless boneless chicken breast from a local grocer I get:

-24 grams protein
-1 gram of fat
-1 carb
-60 mg sodium

Nothing else really matters to me.

Top Bottom