Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheese okay as protein source?

Roonytunes

I know that some consider cheese to be too high in fat, but I am really having trouble eating a lot of protein from chicken, fish and meat. I found string cheese which is 80 cals, less than 1g of carbs, 8 g of protein and 5 g of fat (3.5 g saturated fat). If I eat two strings, that is 16 g of protein for me at one sitting, similar to a can of tuna. Is this okay or too much of saturated fat? Is there one kind of cheese that is better than another for protein needs when trying to build muscle?

Thanks!

That cheese is mainly derived from milk. Plus its processed and treated with preservatives I believe. So the protein will most likely be at least partially denatured.

Regular cheese is not a good source of protein as it is high in saturated fats. Have you thought about eating foods like cottage cheese(high on the sodium.. but not a big deal if your bulking or not going for low single diget BF), egg whites, ground meat (turkey, beef).

Try fat-free cheese. Just make sure you get a decent tasting brand. Like Polyo FF Mozz sucks, but Kraft's is awesome. I use it in egg white omlettes every time I make one.

a can of tuna has about 31g protein, around 14 per serving, but 2.5 servings in one can.. plus nothing else, except sodium.. unless you speak of a small can then i will shut up.

Hey im eatting cheese right now! what are the odds, eatting cheese, and then BAAAAMM i find this post, amazing! this is crazy! Whats going on! damn clen...

Top Bottom