Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Cheese A Good Source Of Protein?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone!! Was just wondering if cheese is a good source of protein? There was a time when I was eating lots of grilled cheese sandwhiches and seemed to work well for building muscle. I just made a meal out of cheese:

4 string cheeses,3 slices of swiss cheese with crackers

56 grams of protein! Fucking easy too. Ill switch over to cheese if its that easy to get that shit in! Im not even full. Ive been buying bags of string cheese often, and eating it alot lately to add extra protein along with peanut butter and milk. Hard to believe its that easy to get in, so maybe Im missing something. Is it any good? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Good: Lots of protein with essential amino acids.
Bad: Contains high fat levels .
I really like cheese, but I don't touch it too much..cause of the fat.

Ulcasterdropout said:

ThanX for the feedback brother!! What about skim milk string cheese? Thats the one Ive been getting lately. Im not too concerned with the fat. Im sure its not as bad as my old bulking diet where I ate pizza daily! haha ThanX again!!

WalkingBeast said:
What about skim milk string cheese? Thats the one Ive been getting lately.
Check the back of the package....;)
I'm honestly not sure. If it's skim, it prolly is lower in fat. Also, when working out like you do, some fat is a must. You could eat the regular stuff and not gain any fat....unless your downing truckloads of this stuff.

Last edited:
Cheese = good proteins [:) ] + more or less no-so-good fat [:rolleyes: ] + more or less sodium [:rolleyes: ] + more or less (less that milk) lactose [:rolleyes: ]

I eat a low fat cheese.

a 100g serving has about 32g of protein, 0.2 carbs !!!! and about 8 g fat. So cheese
is extremely low in lactose if any (0.2 grams per 100g is neglible). The only drawback
is the high sodium content but i guess you cant win it all

Thats intresting, I have to check out my labels. I eat fat free cheese or 2% a lot. But string cheese is one of my favs!!! That be nice to have somehting to eat I like :) They say some fats in a diet can swing you testosterone levels upwards helping your system to be more anabolic....Always a plus !

audiophyle said:
wow, that kicks ass. Is it the lactose in dairy that causes bloat?
... and sodium

Ulcasterdropout said:

I agree. I eat a small portion of it before bed because of its slow degesting protein.

Top Bottom