Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are are cheerios high in carbs?

angelious22

I'm doing a low carb high protein diet, I have only two types of cereal for breakfast muslix and cheerios, i know muslix are great for dieting but I loved cheerios my whole life. Are they high in carbs, is it something you can eat like every other day without putting up too many calories?

I am pretty sure they are pretty high in carbs per serving. That's something pretty easy to find out by looking on the side of the box... or you can drop the cereal and do eggs or egg whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheerios are just pure sugar. As much as I love them, if you are dieting, this is definitely a poor choice

cereal is an absolute killer all around

they are high in sugar, high in flour, high in carbs, and overall have poor nutrition. and to top it off you add milk to it which is extremely unhealthy. i'm not sure the purpose of eating cereal if you are over 11 years old is anyway. yeah it tastes good, but don't believe those bullshit commercials that it is healthy for you lol

If you are trying to consume low carbs I would eat eggs for breakfast. They are high in protein and will keep you full for a while.

Cheerios are made from oatmeal so yes, they are very high in carbs.

Here is the nutrition facts for 100g of cheerios. As you can see, they are very dense in carbohydrates.

Amount Per 100 grams
Calories 371

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10%
Saturated fat 1.4 g7%
Polyunsaturated fat 2.4 g
Monounsaturated fat 2.4 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0%
Sodium 576 mg24%
Potassium 641 mg18%
Total Carbohydrate 73 g24%
Dietary fiber 9 g36%
Sugar 4.4 g
Protein 12 g24%

If you want something low carb to eat for breakfast, stick with vegetables, eggs, and meat. You could make a big omelette with some vegetables in it.

Better use oatmeals or buckwheat for breakfast - this would be a much healthier alternative for breakfast. If you want to improve the taste, you may do as I do - mix in some whey protein with the oatmeals. This way you get more protein in the breakfast, and it will taste great. I always use the Isolation for that - it is 100% whey isolate, and it tastes pretty damn great.

Top Bottom