Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

casein or whey before bed

zenictricto

I work out ate nights and then I get home and have two protein bars before bed, I want switch to something different, I'm sick of eating protein bars every day lol, so I was thinking what would be the best before bed between casein and whey protein, thanks for your advice.

Yea, don't be eating bars before bed. You are getting in a bunch of crap along with the protein that will just sit in your gut while you sleep. Unless you are having a real tough time gaining then I wouldn't be eating before bed anyways. If weight gaining is tough then either shake will work.

Check out this video I made on protein supplements -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/new-video-protein-supplements-explained-47160.html

When you go to your typical supplement store, you have 4 main protein supplements available to purchase:
1. A whey protein
2. A casein protein
3. A egg protein
4. A vegetable protein such as soy, hemp, brown rice, gemma pea, or alfalfa

I am not a huge fan of egg or vegan proteins. If you are regularly eating eggs in your diet, I don't think an egg protein powder is needed. The problem with vegan proteins is that the bioavailability of the protein is very low. It doesn't have near the absorption rate that animal based proteins like whey/casein do.

Whey protein is very fast digesting which makes it optimal for supplementing with before and after workouts.

Casein protein coagulates and creates a gel in the stomach. It is very slow digesting which makes it optimal to supplement with before bed.

Top Bottom