Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

casein on my diet

OliverPain

Hi everyone, I had a question, some medical studies say that when you are losing weight while taking casein you are likely to lose body fat and retain muscle? as I understand when you drop weight 50 % is muscle and the other 50% is fat, but taking casein whatever you lose is 100% body fat which sounds great, I never tried it but I would like to read thoughts on this before, thank you.

What you read is partially true. Following a high protein diet will prevent muscle loss when on a low calorie diet. The protein doesn't have to come from casein however. It come from whey, eggs, lean poultry, fish etc.

It's very important to set up your fat loss diet with the proper macronutrients so you loose fat and not a combination of muscle and fat.

Check out this video I made on how to calculate your calorie, protein, fat and carb intake based on your goals -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18. If your goal is to loose weigh, multiply your body weight by 12-13.
For example, a 200 pound person would need 3000 calories to maintain his weight (200 x 15 = 3000).

Once you have determined your calorie needs. Set your protein intake. A good number to shoot for is:
1-1.5 grams of protein/pound of body weight for natural athletes
1.5-2grams of protein/pound of body weight for enhance athletes

Once you have set your protein intake, fill the rest of your calorie intake with carbohydrates and fat.

i have never take casein in my life. is it something you can incorporate? sure.. but it isn't like you NEED it to burn fat and build muscle

a lot of times these supplement companies cleverly market their products making it seem like what they are selling is necessary to reach your goals

The main thing with trying to lose fat is that you get enough protein in to help keep as much muscle as possible. This is true whether you use whey or casein, or just stick to whole foods. Casein is ok if you need a long lasting protein but when trying to lose fat, don't bother taking it before bed.

Top Bottom