Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb related question

HannahLevesque8

If I want to run a dietwith little carbs to get leaner, can I eat my chicken with suchthings as pasta, potatoes or rice? I understand that they are carbs,but I also see that all athletes eat those all the time, so I guessedthat maybe these are different carbs or something like that?

athletes carb cycle. since they workout daily hard, they can afford to get in lots of complex carbs no problem, plus they are mantaining their weight or even trying to get a little bigger.

for you as someone who wants to lean up it is a different story. you need to be in a deficit consistently. i don't mess with potatoes and rice very much during a cut, and i surely do not go near pasta!

If you are going to use rice, you can use brown and black rice - these are better than white rice, and have lots of additional benefits. If you train hard and consistently, you can allow yourself a bit more freedom with the carbs.

Carb cycling makes a lot of sense. Both scientifically and in a real world sense. No one will question the fact that carbs are anabolic. The problem with carbs is that too much of them will simply get you fat.

By carb cycling, you get the best of everything. The low carb days are fat loss focused and re-sythnesis muscle insulin sensitivity and the high carb days are very anabolic and replenish depleted glycogen levels.

I explain how to set up a carb cycling diet and have a full sample meal plan in this article here -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/carb-cycling-exposed-trevor-44776.html

You can have some carbs and still lose fat. All that really matters is that you are in a caloric deficit. Some people respond better to keeping carbs low while others like to keep them moderate to high. As long as you keep the deficit you can still have success. Just be careful with portion sizes because things like pasta and rice can add up really quickly if you don't measure/weight them.

Top Bottom