Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb Cycling question.

BigBoy89

Do you alternate between 3 days of no carbs followed by a day of high carbs? Because I also read that you should have a high, low, and no carb day. Which bears better results? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

This is very individual and depends on your goals, insulin sensitivity, and how fast you are depleting your muscle glycogen with training.

There is no universal answer. Post your goals, current diet, and planned training and we'll help out.

Sample of what I have done....

7 meals, keep fat as low as possible on this day, so no added fats and use only lean protein sources (I prefer chicken and protein powders on my high days)

Meal 1: 100g carbs, 50g protein

Meal 2: 90g carbs, 50g protein

Meal 3: see pre/during/post workout protocol below (switch this with any meal to make it your postworkout meal)

Meal 4: 80g carbs , 50g protein

Meal 5: 80g carbs , 50g protein

Meal 6: 80g carbs , 50g protein

Meal 7: unlimited veggies, 60g protein

Medium day, 6 meals:

Meal 1: 100g carbs, 60g protein

Meal 2: 80g carbs, 60g protein

Meal 3: see pre/during/post workout protocol below (switch this with any meal to make it your postworkout meal)

Meal 4: 60g protein, 2 cups veggies, 15g of healthy fat

Meal 5: same as meal 4

Meal 6: 70g protein, 10g fish oils

Low day, 6 meals:

Meal 1: 80g carbs, 70g protein, 3g fish oils

Meal 2: 60g carbs, 70g protein, 3g fish oils

Meal 3: 70g protein, 2 cups veggies, 7g fish oils, 1.5tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 4: same as meal 3

Meal 5: same as meal 3

Meal 6: 75g protein, 10g fish oils

Pre/post/during workout protocol for high days:

30 min Preworkout: 50g maltodextrin, 1 scoop Anatrop, 30g whey

During workout; 50g waxy maize, 10g BCAAs, 1 scoop Anatrop (or BCAAs, leucine, creatine, taurine)

Immediately post workout : 120g maltodextrin or waxy maize, 25g whey, 1 scoop Anatrop

20 min later; 75g complex carbs, 25g whey

Here are your food choices:

Protein: chicken, lean cuts of steak, fish, turkey, egg whites (ratio of 6 egg whites to 1 whole egg), whey, caseinate, any high quality protein powder

Veggies: basically anything green, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, asparagus, salads,

Fats: borage oil, olive oil, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, flax oil

Carbs: potatoes (any kind, also yams are cool), rice (any kind), oatmeal, grits, Ezekiel bread or cereal

You can use any zero calorie condiments and spices to your meals. Also feel free to drink any zero calorie beverages at any time (diet soda, crystal lite, coffee, tea, etc.).

I also want you to have a night shake that you sip on before bed, and when you wake up at night. I want you to have this shake every night of the week.

40g whey

40g caseinate

15g fat (olive oil or flax oil) – omit the fat on high days though.

Don’t have any carbs in this shake.

Keep cardio at 3-4 sessions of 30 minutes, in the AM on an empty stomach on low and medium days.

for me, i went 250-300g, 125-150g, 0-25g carbs every 3 days. worked great for me but i'm a super endo. you gotta figure out what works for you and try different things out bro.

I appreciate the responses. I am currently on no diet just high protein. My workouts are really intense However I lack knowledge in a nutritional aspect. I feel this has kept me from my potential goals. I have tried keeping my food sources lean and consuming about 180 grams of protein a day. a gram per lb of body weight. I gain fat fairly easy in the stomach area so it was recommended I use carb cycling. I am not sure what anatrop and waxy maize and a few other of the things you listed are. Would I bear the same results without them? Sorry for my lack of knowledge as I have only ever known one thing, to hit the gym and lift. I am 20, 6'0" and 182 lbs. Im trying to bulk while keeping my stomach fairly lean. I appreciate the time you took to help. I guess just respond when you get the chance.

I appreciate the responses. I am currently on no diet just high protein. My workouts are really intense However I lack knowledge in a nutritional aspect. I feel this has kept me from my potential goals. I have tried keeping my food sources lean and consuming about 180 grams of protein a day. a gram per lb of body weight. I gain fat fairly easy in the stomach area so it was recommended I use carb cycling. I am not sure what anatrop and waxy maize and a few other of the things you listed are. Would I bear the same results without them? Sorry for my lack of knowledge as I have only ever known one thing, to hit the gym and lift. I am 20, 6'0" and 182 lbs. Im trying to bulk while keeping my stomach fairly lean. I appreciate the time you took to help. I guess just respond when you get the chance.

Actually if you gain fat like that you should just do very light carbs if any.

Top Bottom