Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb cycling and carb up

Debu

Ok, I've been doint the cycling thing with 2 days lo/1 high. I've been playing around with the low ranges to see what is better moderately low(50-70) or low low(20-30). My high days have been 120ish at most 150grams)

Now comparing the low low to mod low days I feel I look a wee bit leaner with the mod low days but I'm not getting that pumped or hard look after my high day...in fact I feel like I just skip that part and go straight to holding more water. I don't know if this is in my head or not but I'm not getting that carb filled look(the good one). Should I drop my high carb days? I just started adding ALA yesterday thanks to Corn.

Any advice?

My carb sources have been rice, oatmeal, maltodextrin post workout only.

What are your objectives with the carb-up? To get the carb-filled look, or to top up your glycogen stores and benefit in intensity in the gym from the extra carb energy?

This is a wild guess, but maybe if your low low or mod low days were less low, the higher days wouldn't give you the instant water bloat. Maybe you need to play around with the frequency, rather than the levels? 1 low, 1 mod, 1 high?

Just ideas. I'm still learning about how carbs look on me - what a journey of discovery! Who'd've ever guessed what some carbs can do?!

I wonder what happens if you change your carb source?

Thanks Steel! I thought about the carb source too, but I didn't want to change the source and levels at the same time. I'm hoping to find the right ratios for me. Maybe it's not a big enough difference from a low day to a high day? But yes, the carb day is to not let my metabolism slow down and to try and get a good pump in the gym.

It's been about a month now. I did change up my sources for a bit, I almost forgot, the week that I was soooo nautious, the thought of chicken or tuna would make me gag. I could only eat cottage cheese, tofu, anything soft and bland.

Debu said:
Ok, I've been doint the cycling thing with 2 days lo/1 high. I've been playing around with the low ranges to see what is better moderately low(50-70) or low low(20-30). My high days have been 120ish at most 150grams)

Now comparing the low low to mod low days I feel I look a wee bit leaner with the mod low days but I'm not getting that pumped or hard look after my high day...in fact I feel like I just skip that part and go straight to holding more water. I don't know if this is in my head or not but I'm not getting that carb filled look(the good one). Should I drop my high carb days? I just started adding ALA yesterday thanks to Corn.

Any advice?

My carb sources have been rice, oatmeal, maltodextrin post workout only.

Hi Debu,
I'm kind of doing the same thing, but I do 100, 130-140, and close to 200 for my high carb days. I kind of feel like that day is also my cheat day b/c that many carbs is OH SO YUMMY. LOL! I don't really seem to be holding H20 after the 200 days, but I also make sure I drink 2 GALLONS OF H20 on those days!. I'm so worried about holding so I'm sure that much will flush lots of it out. LOL!
I'm getting great strength after the 200 day, and like someone said, if anything, your muscles are hypersaturated after a high carb day, so your strength should really incr. and that's always a good thing.
I'm also taking NYC and ALA. I've tried diff carb cycling ratios, low low carbs, etc, so this is just what works for me. Let me know if this is any help. :)

Spatts - yep, the nautiousness is gone finally! I can eat my protein sources now. But I have stuck with the cottage cheese...it does have 5g carbs/.5 cup.

Maddie - wow, those carb days should keep ya going and pumped! Glad to hear you get good results with that.

I just started this morning so that might have been why I felt extra bloated...no other signs of starting so it snuck up on me. So today for giggles and grins, I didn't take in any carbs...just the greeens, and I'm FEELING it, I dont' think I will be able to lift this evening...kind of seems pointless now so I will probably do a LONG cardio session instead. Guess I won't drop to near zero again.

I switched to a NYC too a few days ago. Trying to get used to it. I gotta get this carb cycling ratio down but the extra water from my period is throwing me off so that's why I went lower. I think I'm looking for a needle in a haystack.

Top Bottom